Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nags now 25sec apart. Obviously a reaction to all of the lame people running into things.

Also had the cards improvement (i came from 18.13)

Hoping vampire drain improves. Mine started with 18.3
thumbnail

Reactions: N8Howell33
Allows you to see vehicles in adjacent lanes, somewhat.

This video is in an S, but the 3 does the same. I just updated, but haven’t tried it yet. In the video, the images of the adjacent cars seem to pop in kind of late, and appear too far away, relative to reality. Wish it depicted them when they are in your blind spots.

Nags now 25sec apart.
thumbnail

That's fine with me. I don't take my hands off the wheel. Hey, people, you've seen what happens to folks who think they can take their hands off the wheel. 25 seconds is a LONG time to have your hands off the wheel. There's a reason why Tesla tells us to keep our hands on the wheel. It's because Autosteer is a BETA feature. It's not FSD.

That's fine with me. I don't take my hands off the wheel. Hey, people, you've seen what happens to folks who think they can take their hands off the wheel. 25 seconds is a LONG time to have your hands off the wheel. There's a reason why Tesla tells us to keep our hands on the wheel. It's because Autosteer is a BETA feature. It's not FSD.
I don't take my hands off the wheel either, but that isn't the problem. On long, straight stretches of highway, the software forces you to periodically apply unnecessary torque or the system will nag you anyway, even though your hands have never been off the wheel.

I don't take my hands off the wheel either, but that isn't the problem. On long, straight stretches of highway, the software forces you to periodically apply unnecessary torque or the system will nag you anyway, even though your hands have never been off the wheel.

Maybe one of my arms is heavier than the other, because just relaxing my arms as I hold the wheel seems to apply enough torque.

Or maybe the highways wind enough that you'll apply torque.

We do have freeways that are straight for long enough that it would nag if it was going to. But not for as long as North Dakota. Texas probably has longer straight sections than we do. Still, if I head east on the freeway there are some long straight sections. And the main drag through here where I have occasionally used AP (Sprague Ave.) is perfectly straight.

I'll see what happens when I get the update. I'm still on 18.13 I think it is.

I definitely find the nag too frequent. Also, the adjacent lane depiction on the screen shows the cars closer to your car than they really are when you are passing them. I jad a few show as driving on the lane marker when they were in the middle of their lane. It seems to shift too far towards your car the farther down the screen it goes. I even had one show partly in my lane and it sounded the collision alert even though they were in their lane. This was while driving on a long bridge that had narrow lanes though so it was a difficult condition to handle and I was ready to take over at any time.

I installed the update yesterday but haven't driven much yet. If the nag interval is shorter as everyone is saying, I don't like that at all. There is no harm in having your hands in your lap or somewhere close to the wheel as long as you are paying attention. I typically put my hands on the wheel in situations I know from experience can be problematic. Otherwise, I'm ready to grab the wheel if needed. But, dislike being forced to hold it when the situation doesn't need it.

Reactions: insaneoctane
I always keep my hands on the wheel since this thing has a mind of its own and I have had to take over sereral times as it does stupid things I don’t agree with
I also rest my foot on the go pedal in case I have to fight moving forward if the auto emergency braking kicks in for no good reason. Occasionally, I stretch etc to rest myself
I’m definitely a lot more careful now than when I first got my car
Seeing all those cars in other lanes it is somewhat distracting in heavy traffic. Hopefully it will show cars in the back eventually
This whole thing is a big beta project and we are the guinea pigs

• Funny
Reactions: DeckardsGirl

Same here. I've heard they may have made this detection more sensitive, so hopefully it's not a major pain. It's installing on my car now.

Update installing on my car now. I got up this morning to find a notice on my phone that the update was ready to install. I wasted no time going out to the garage to start the update. I didn't have plans to go anywhere today, but now that's changed. I will take it out for a drive to see if it feels any different.

I called and reported this to TSLA yesterday. It nagged me a few times on my drive back from the desert this weekend, even though my hands were on the wheel. I couldn't get the nagging to stop by moving my hands around and squeezing it. They looked at my logs at the exact time I was driving home yesterday and couldn't find it. Makes me wonder how they can report that some of these drivers that were killed didn't have their hands on the wheel when their system and logs seem to be broken.