Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received my firmware update alert today while driving. Updated at my destination. I was on 26.3, and it seemed like the according to the release notes there wasn't really a difference from 26.3 to 28.1. I did recently call customer support as I was waiting on Autopilot to be installed and they told me the firmware I had (26.3) restricted sending updates that would fall within the current firmware (i.e., enabling autopilot). While I didn't see an immidiate difference in the firmware upgrade, as soon as I got home and was on wifi autopilot was added to the car. So I am wondering if this update was mostly around being unable to send updates.

Just got 28 and came from 24. Somehow after the completion my screen froze and the car was non responsive. Didn't know if the door was open or closed and couldn't even remote start or keycard start either. But after 10 mins it's back to normal.

6CA6CD20-8C90-49CB-B7DF-6D6201D4C513.jpeg

The update downloaded into my car this morning. I don't know what the notes for 26.1 or .3 said, so I can't tell if there is a difference. It does talk about a new speed limit setting that nobody has mentioned before.

can somebody please check if the traffic layer is updating properly with this update, it was broken in .24.1 i think and not fixed in .26.x
and needs to get sorted.

I rely on this feature on a daily basis and I am unimpressed Tesla took what used to work perfectly reliably and broke it, so now it is misleading and borderline useless.

Minor bug fixes warrant a 28???? Why not 26.4?

The numbers have meaning. The 28 is not a revision, it is the week of the year it was released. The .1 indicates it is the second update of this release.

If it were released a few weeks ago it could have been 2018.26.4, but because it’s not week 26, it needs a new number.

If they tweaked the last update it would remain the same. If the bug fixes were not related to changes in 26 then it is not a minor change to the update. I assume it means bug fixes to other things, which is why it’s weeks later and a different revision.