TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Zaxxon, Aug 6, 2018.

1. barjohn

barjohn Member

About a month ago at Tesla SC, the SA told me that 26 would have the initial Bluetooth echo fix but the more permanent and final fix would be in 28. I'm curious to know if anyone with 28 has noticed this fix?

2. Boourns

Boourns Active Member

Still on 21.9 over here. But SC appointment tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

• Like x 1
  3. David3

David3 Member

My car just got it according to the app, but it's still at the service center.

4. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

So weird. Mine just got it too 11 minutes as of this post. It's at the service center and I already had 2018.26.3. Mobile access is disabled so I can't use the app to check the new version.

5. JARV3YY

JARV3YY New Member

I received my firmware update alert today while driving. Updated at my destination. I was on 26.3, and it seemed like the according to the release notes there wasn't really a difference from 26.3 to 28.1. I did recently call customer support as I was waiting on Autopilot to be installed and they told me the firmware I had (26.3) restricted sending updates that would fall within the current firmware (i.e., enabling autopilot). While I didn't see an immidiate difference in the firmware upgrade, as soon as I got home and was on wifi autopilot was added to the car. So I am wondering if this update was mostly around being unable to send updates.

6. StellarRat

StellarRat Active Member

I'm still on 24.7! :-( How can I get the updates now!

7. lasdj

lasdj Member

Just got 28 and came from 24. Somehow after the completion my screen froze and the car was non responsive. Didn't know if the door was open or closed and couldn't even remote start or keycard start either. But after 10 mins it's back to normal.

8. Uricasha1

Uricasha1 New Member

Easter egg changed to Spaceman from farting unicorn.

9. chrishawn

chrishawn Member

10. Dynastar

Dynastar Member

#30 Dynastar, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Woah, I just got 28.1 and I never get speedy updates. Maybe this is going to be a wide release.

• Like x 1
  11. KFORE

KFORE Member

What version did you come from?

12. Dynastar

Dynastar Member

13. WinstonY

WinstonY Member

Doesn't seem like a major update. Only thing I can tell that is new for me is the lock confirmation sound.

14. seyclone

seyclone Member

The update downloaded into my car this morning. I don't know what the notes for 26.1 or .3 said, so I can't tell if there is a difference. It does talk about a new speed limit setting that nobody has mentioned before.

15. thegruf

thegruf Active Member

can somebody please check if the traffic layer is updating properly with this update, it was broken in .24.1 i think and not fixed in .26.x
    and needs to get sorted.

I rely on this feature on a daily basis and I am unimpressed Tesla took what used to work perfectly reliably and broke it, so now it is misleading and borderline useless.

16. Boourns

Boourns Active Member

Got 28.1 this morning. Had the notification when I got up. Yay wifi!

• Like x 1
  17. jelly

jelly Member

Any Bluetooth updates. My calls don't connect via Bluetooth a majority of the time

18. Zaxxon

Zaxxon Supporting Member

It's definitely going wide release. 4 installs on Monday at TeslaFi, 41 yesterday, and already 43 today.

19. Asicfoo

Asicfoo Member

The numbers have meaning. The 28 is not a revision, it is the week of the year it was released. The .1 indicates it is the second update of this release.

If it were released a few weeks ago it could have been 2018.26.4, but because it’s not week 26, it needs a new number.

If they tweaked the last update it would remain the same. If the bug fixes were not related to changes in 26 then it is not a minor change to the update. I assume it means bug fixes to other things, which is why it’s weeks later and a different revision.

20. brobinson

brobinson Member

I also got 28.1 this AM. I had not received an update since early June.