Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.20.4.1 - Beach Buggy Racing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the racing game, its a great clone of N64 Mario Cart with enough changed to avoid litigation but enough the same to make it fun.
Best part is the two player, just spent 30 minutes playing various tracks with my son, great fun.
Not had chance to actually drive the car since getting it, but tomorrow morning when I start my drive will be nighttime mode which switches to daytime towards the end of my commute, so I'll report back on the too-dark bug.
Looks like this isn't a particularly wide push, there seems to be way more cars getting 20.2.1 than getting this release.

Not sure if this is a coincidence or not, but this past week I've been reporting to support with issues with 20.2.1 as I find them.
So far it has seemed that submitting accurate, detailed reports is helpful. If your report matches something that the next release specifically fixes you may get that update - at least that has been my observation, but means I'll have to re-test all the things I reported to validate.

Reactions: kjyam98
I know, right? I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.
The problem is that the adjustment doesn't stick (at least not for me). Next time I start the car it's again much too dim if I leave it on "auto". Generally, I have no idea why they made this change. It worked perfectly before.
There's probably a Tesla software engineer that drank themself to the floor after they read all those forum posts.
I think he was drunk while coding this. ;) Immediately after the update my screen was so dim that it was difficult to even find the brightness setting. How this could have been missed in QA I have no idea.

• Informative
Reactions: Zoomit
Tesla just unleashed another pulse of updates. TeslaFi is reporting as much as 14-18 cars per minute updating to 19.20.4.1. That's about 0.4% of Model 3 fleet being updated per minute. We'll have to see how long this one lasts.

I know, right? I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.

There's probably a Tesla software engineer that drank themself to the floor after they read all those forum posts.

The problem is there never was an issue with it in the first place, so they messed with something that didn’t need fixing. This is just more time they could have been spent working on something else.

And frankly, if the new way is not intuitive for most people, then it’s not very effective.

The problem is that the adjustment doesn't stick (at least not for me). Next time I start the car it's again much too dim if I leave it on "auto". Generally, I have no idea why they made this change. It worked perfectly before.
I think he was drunk while coding this. ;) Immediately after the update my screen was so dim that it was difficult to even find the brightness setting. How this could have been missed in QA I have no idea.

I set it once and it has stuck ever since.

The problem is there never was an issue with it in the first place, so they messed with something that didn’t need fixing. This is just more time they could have been spent working on something else.

And frankly, if the new way is not intuitive for most people, then it’s not very effective.

Actually people complained that Auto was too bright at night...