Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this an easy process to change? I’m assuming there aren’t any penalties for doing so?

Yep, I just emailed VWFS (lease co) and told them I wanted to put it back. No penalties, I`m guessing they have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

It won't be the same vehicle and yes easy process...they just unmatch you and give the car to someone else.

Thanks for confirming bhav.

Reactions: bhav
Just been given estimate of mid-August for earliest delivery of my vehicle I.e. it won’t be in Q2. Not helped by my lease provider only placing order with Tesla on 14th May after I ordered on 28 Feb. Hmmm.

That's really annoying. LRs still have a June-predicted delivery date on Tesla.com even if you ordered today so there must be loads of inventory due to be unloaded from Silver Ray. I wonder if your spec is a little rarer? Perhaps because of the tow hitch?

Quick query about supercharging on the way back from collection.

I believe I've read that there is/was a situation in the US where supercharging back from a collection-point on the day of collection tended to be free? It may have been because the account is not fully set-up for a few hours. Any idea if this is the case over here?

Just been given estimate of mid-August for earliest delivery of my vehicle I.e. it won’t be in Q2. Not helped by my lease provider only placing order with Tesla on 14th May after I ordered on 28 Feb. Hmmm.
Hmm, disappointing - sounds like their very late order + your slightly unique mix of options has meant you've (literally) missed the boat.

Just checked inventory - which has had a huge addition of vehicles in last day or so - but only a few LR AWD. Lots of SR+ and Performance.

Nevertheless, worth keeping an eye on that every few days and trying to see if your spec turns up in case someone cancels/defers.

Tbh it’s fine as can’t drive anywhere right now and unlikely to be back in the office until Jan earliest, plus gives me time to get charging installed at home - but it’s the uncertainty baked into the order process that is annoying.

Having gone from 30k miles per year to literally zero since Feb, it’s very odd thinking I sold my car back in Dec, and won’t have really noticed having no car of my own up to maybe September (or whenever the factory decides to bother to make a matching spec car).

Quick query about supercharging on the way back from collection.

I believe I've read that there is/was a situation in the US where supercharging back from a collection-point on the day of collection tended to be free? It may have been because the account is not fully set-up for a few hours. Any idea if this is the case over here?

I asked Tesla about this, when I spoke to them last week. The guy on the phone said something along the lines of;

"Charging is free, whilst the car belongs to Tesla. Once the delivery staff transfer the car to the owner/driver, it's no longer Tesla's problem to charge it, it's down to the owner/drive, and they'd need to pay."

He also said that the app doesn't necessarily update immediately, it can take a day or so.

If both are true, I don't see how it works if you need to charge on the way home? I'll be checking if there's sufficient charge to make it home, before I leave the delivery centre.

I don't have a car yet, so how exactly do you 'plug in, as you would any other time'?

How does the charger know who to charge?
You arrive at the supercharger, open the charge port and insert the charger plug - The system queries the vin and bills the account the car is linked to, there are no cards, RFID etc. The first day will not even show in your Tesla account, it will just charge.

After the first day there must be a valid payment method registered in the account that the car is linked to or it won't charge.

Reactions: LukeUK
That all sounds very efficient! Thanks for explaining.

Does anyone know whether the car talks at this level to the charger using the PP and CP lines in the plug, or via RFID, etc?

I thought PP and CP were only intended for lower-level charge management, but maybe Tesla have used them for more?

That all sounds very efficient! Thanks for explaining.

Does anyone know whether the car talks at this level to the charger using the PP and CP lines in the plug, or via RFID, etc?

I thought PP and CP were only intended for lower-level charge management, but maybe Tesla have used them for more?
As i've said there are no RFID cards - everything is done via the plug

Yay.......lease company have confirmed RN.........now what?????

Guy at Tesla tells me delivery team will be in touch, when..... no telling

Just Lov these guys

h

Well, still no new news from DE or Tesla sales team. Apparently I just still have to wait from the Tesla delivery team to make contact.

It is an inventory car so surely this is a matter of days not weeks????

h

Status
Not open for further replies.