Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I’m thoroughly confused!
yesterday Tesla SC Manchester told me my M3LR was allocated on an “upcoming shipment” and all deliveries would be done by 25th December - today I got a text confirming I had a car allocated.
As there are now 464 pages on this thread, and I’m too lazy to read through them all has anyone the foggiest as to when Tesla allocate the cars? From factory? On departure from Pier 80? In the Panama Canal? Completely randomly?!

I like honesty of being to lazy to read back through the pages!

General consensus is that allocation happens after leaving pier 80, not before. How much after is a totally different question and depends on a shed load of different factors that nobody has figured out.

I'd recommend ringing up Friday or Monday and, if you're lucky with a knowledgeable and helpful person on the other end, they could give you some more insight on when to expect delivery. Friday is when the first shipment gets in, so if you're really lucky they might have a match on there from cancellations or some such... Stranger things have happened!

Good luck!

yesterday Tesla SC Manchester told me my M3LR was allocated on an “upcoming shipment” and all deliveries would be done by 25th December - today I got a text confirming I had a car allocated.
As there are now 464 pages on this thread, and I’m too lazy to read through them all has anyone the foggiest as to when Tesla allocate the cars? From factory? On departure from Pier 80? In the Panama Canal? Completely randomly?!

From what I’ve read over the last few months. Allocation is done prior to cars being loaded at Pier 80/just after departure.

Your second text with delivery date and time is sent just as the Boat Exits the Panama Canal.

This seems to have been the case with the prior 3 ships this Quarter. I was allocated a week ago, called up and my car is in the Grand Aurora. I expect a delivery text this Thursday/Friday as it passes through the canal.

Anyone with a TM3P(2021) on order, who got VIN update? Or delivery date for Europe?
I ordered a white on white 29th of September and haven’t got ANYTHING yet :/

I curious what ship the performance models are on
I ordered (through third party lease) close to 1st October (perhaps 29th September like you). Model 3 performance in white with black interior. I got my vin from the lease company last Wednesday and delivery range of 28th nov to 4th December. It was an M vin and Tesla confirmed that it is a refresh.
Hope that helps.

This ties in precisely with my order updates.
From what I’ve read over the last few months. Allocation is done prior to cars being loaded at Pier 80/just after departure.

Your second text with delivery date and time is sent just as the Boat Exits the Panama Canal.

This seems to have been the case with the prior 3 ships this Quarter. I was allocated a week ago, called up and my car is in the Grand Aurora. I expect a delivery text this Thursday/Friday as it passes through the canal.

I ordered (through third party lease) close to 1st October (perhaps 29th September like you). Model 3 performance in white with black interior. I got my vin from the lease company last Wednesday and delivery range of 28th nov to 4th December. It was an M vin and Tesla confirmed that it is a refresh.
Hope that helps.

Ahh that’s cool! Means that some Performance are on their way to Europe! im waiting for mine in Denmark! The price in the M3P will increase by 15.000$ in 2021 - so I need mine delivered before December 31st

When they said you had one allocated, did they also send you a VIN? I got told today mine was allocated (1hour before I called at 9am) I asked if he had the VIN and he sent me a text with it right away. I'd be making sure you get a VIN when they say its allocated.

When they said you had one allocated, did they also send you a VIN? I got told today mine was allocated (1hour before I called at 9am) I asked if he had the VIN and he sent me a text with it right away. I'd be making sure you get a VIN when they say its allocated.

No VIN sent but two confirmations of allocation within 24 hours, one from the SC one by text. Might try to give them a ring or chance an opportunity on chat tomorrow.

UPDATE: Tried chat just now - they confirmed a VIN has been allocated but didn't give it to me - said it would be visible in my account when the car is "in the final leg of it's journey" - looked suspiciously copied/pasted text though rather than a considered response.

I took delivery of a new VW for the better half at start of October, they were awful when it came to communicating status of the car (ordered in May), simply nothing at all for weeks on end, and only getting an update when absolutely pushed for one (and because I know the MD of the dealer).

Not sure if getting half complete information from Tesla is worse or better just now :)

Last edited:
I got my VIN around 2 weeks ago and then an update saying delivery would be between 28th and 4th December. I rang Tesla again today and they told me my car is on the Grand Aurora and I wont get it till 2nd week of December. So VIN was before it sailed and feels like delivery slipping. Originally it was coming mid November. Ordered 12th October

If you only got an allocation text today, you're more than likely on the GLOVIS CRYSTAL which is departing San Fran soon...

Anyone with a TM3P(2021) on order, who got VIN update? Or delivery date for Europe?
I ordered a white on white 29th of September and haven’t got ANYTHING yet :/

I curious what ship the performance models are on

I ordered a M3P on 28/09 (white with black interior) via business lease and I have a reg plate and 28/11 to 04/12 delivery. No VIN, no text, no details in account etc. I believe it is on Triton Ace but who really knows.

I got my VIN around 2 weeks ago and then an update saying delivery would be between 28th and 4th December. I rang Tesla again today and they told me my car is on the Grand Aurora and I wont get it till 2nd week of December. So VIN was before it sailed and feels like delivery slipping. Originally it was coming mid November. Ordered 12th October
This has me thinking most of us who got text /. allocation recently are all on Glovis crystal. The time frame matches up with people who got grand Aurora messages

Which would mean our delivery text will be coming through in about 2 weeks.

Been matched this morning. Received VIN number from Tesla via text.
Called and was told the Vessel hasn’t departed the US yet so not sure which one mine will be on.
Lots of new M3LR in the inventory today.
Yep got matched yesterday and got my vin today - Tesla said mid December for delivery and anything on the inventory matching my spec wasn’t on any earlier boat but the same one.

Status
Not open for further replies.