Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing lots of people getting text messages about vehicles being allocated and about delivery but wondered if this is limited to those of you who have ordered directly with Tesla? My order is through a third party lease company and whilst Tesla have informed me that I have been matched to a vehicle (I contacted them directly having obtained my RN from lease company), I have had no texts or emails whatsoever. Tesla should have my contact details as I received the 'reset your password' email shortly after the order was placed and I checked my contact details were set in my Tesla account. Is there anyone else with an order via third party lease who is receiving updates via text message?
Yes mine is ordered through a broker but I cut them out as they were useless and call Tesla myself. They gave me the VIN number and a delivery schedule. I updated my mobile with them and tgats why I get the text update. I am actually keeping the broker informed not the other way around.

Hi Paul,

I would hide the last six digits of your vin it’s on show to the world, and yes it’s a refreshed model
many thanks just tried to change the vin jbut couldnt edit

moderator comment - it had already been edited out - before quoting other posts, best to refresh the page to get most recent version, or simply not requote the offending item - moderator had three posts to fix rather than just the original one

I have home delivery booked in for the 1st December. I'm not sure if its arranged by Tesla or the lease company. If its the lease company I'd expect someone to be driving it to my house but from what I have read if its Tesla it will be on the back of a truck.

If you look back through this thread into the first lockdown the home delivery cars seemed to be arriving on single car low loaders.

Reactions: KeithBW
Qq, why’d you go with blue? I really want to but am concerned about the paint being soft and touch up being costlier due to its rarity. But the blue is sexy, I’m very much on the edge!

I wanted a colour and wasn't too keen on the red. So blue was all that was left.
I don't intend to scratch my car :)
But seriously, I take good care of my cars and wash them properly, so not worried about scratches. Can't see why blue paint should be harder to get than any other Tesla paint. They're specific shades of Black/White/Grey/Red so will need to be matched just the same as the blue.

Edit: Just checked and there are plenty of places offering touch up kits for Teslas.

I'm seeing lots of people getting text messages about vehicles being allocated and about delivery but wondered if this is limited to those of you who have ordered directly with Tesla? My order is through a third party lease company and whilst Tesla have informed me that I have been matched to a vehicle (I contacted them directly having obtained my RN from lease company), I have had no texts or emails whatsoever. Tesla should have my contact details as I received the 'reset your password' email shortly after the order was placed and I checked my contact details were set in my Tesla account. Is there anyone else with an order via third party lease who is receiving updates via text message?

I called mine to get the RN number and at that time they also told me a car was allocated. Not sure why they hadn't updated me, maybe I was quick off the mark. I then provided the RN to Tesla who say that everything is now linked to the system. No further updates, but as I already have the allocation details I don't expect to hear now until nearer delivery time.

I wanted a colour and wasn't too keen on the red. So blue was all that was left.
I don't intend to scratch my car :)
But seriously, I take good care of my cars and wash them properly, so not worried about scratches. Can't see why blue paint should be harder to get than any other Tesla paint. They're specific shades of Black/White/Grey/Red so will need to be matched just the same as the blue.

Edit: Just checked and there are plenty of places offering touch up kits for Teslas.
I think I may do it! £15 more a month...

Reactions: init6
A question about deliveries if I may...
Why are some people getting home deliveries and others only being offered collection from a SC? What governs this or is it another unknowable wrapped in mystery and shrouded in a secret that is only known to the Tesla algorithm?

Can you request a home delivery? Any idea of cost?

Why are some people getting home deliveries and others only being offered collection from a SC? What governs this or is it another unknowable wrapped in mystery and shrouded in a secret that is only known to the Tesla algorithm?

I didnt get a choice, was all agreed between my lease provider and Tesla.

Reactions: Zakalwe

According to their FAQ:

What are the different delivery options that Tesla offers?
We offer a variety of delivery options. We will pre-select and schedule one for you. Eligibility for specific delivery options depends on your delivery location, car configuration and any preference you may have. Learn more about our delivery options.

Frequently Asked Questions – Order & Delivery

Seems there are a range of new delivery options inbound:
Delivery Options

Reactions: nrps1 and Zakalwe
According to their FAQ:

What are the different delivery options that Tesla offers?
We offer a variety of delivery options. We will pre-select and schedule one for you. Eligibility for specific delivery options depends on your delivery location, car configuration and any preference you may have. Learn more about our delivery options.

Frequently Asked Questions – Order & Delivery

Seems there are a range of new delivery options inbound:
Delivery Options

I'm a few minutes from the Dartford Service Centre which people are getting vehicles from, but was told they aren't allowing any more collections there going forward :( so it's a 1.5hr round trip to Chelmsford instead. They didn't once mention options of home delivery :/ I guess when the time gets closer it may change though, I've likely got a month to wait yet.

I ordered my Tesla Model Y Performance on October 16th. Anybody have any idea when I can expect to get it. As of yet my representative says there is no VIN. Also, if anybody knows if this will be designated 2021 and if it will have double pane windows and newer upgrades?

You are probably better served asking in a different part of the forum. This is the UK and Ireland section so chat here will be based upon peoples experiences of our order and delivery processes.

Just spoke to Tesla who confirmed that all Refresh Long Range versions are on the Grand Aurora, RCC Antwerp which is in Southampton now is only carrying SR.

I've got home delivery scheduled for 14th December.

For what it's worth, I don't think that's quite correct. I am collecting a refreshed (M VIN) LR AWD on Nov 20th. Tesla told me that it was on the RCC Antwerp and the timing is consistent with it docking in Southampton today/tomorrow.

So, I guess there are some LRs on the Antwerp but most of them are on the Grand Aurora?

Status
Not open for further replies.