Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered if the two bolts where the hinge join the door allow any lateral movement. If so, that would allow the door to move in/out in relation to the front wing. The posts in this thread appear to show that there is some adjustment possible.

Sadly not, as others have found the top hinges have no adjustment, plus self centering bolts.

Looking for Do-it-yourself Door Alignment Information

The hinge itself actually needs to be slightly longer. Or the bolt holes wider to permit adjustment. I guess you could take the whole door off and file them out.

Not a great collection experience for me with plenty wrong with the car. Misaligned frunk, driver door and boot (to the point it’s catching on the paint). No mudflaps although in my excitement i forgot to ask for them so perhaps that’s my fault. Scuffs on interior trim and also the window seam coming undone.
My front doors are very similar but not quite as bad. I can't see how they can be adjusted as the wing tops )especially drivers side) are almost touching the screen pillar so cant move in (maybe a bit on passenger side) and pulling the top of the door out will through other things out. My boot lid is also touching on the bumper but I have adjusted the two bump stops on the boot that push on the rear lights to stop the contact between the boot lid and bumper.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 50
I'm not up with the specifics as to what everyone is trying to achieve but please so a search of the main forums for rust issues caused by top of the wing near drivers door being too close to body. If there is a gap that you may think is larger than it should, it may be like that for a reason.

Mines Lease, due on 31st. They’ve told me I will get the 12months, probably activates around the 6th Jan and will run for 365 days.
Just hope it turns up on time. Snowing here in the Midlands. I’m also wondering how poor the traction will be with 20” summer tyres?

I called as well (leasing it) regarding the free supercharger year and I was told it would activate when you use a supercharger at the beginning of the year. Has anyone being told the same?
Well I just used the supercharger for the first time and I plugged in and nothing the car didn't charge. So I had to put my own back card details into my account on the tesla website. Once that was done it cane through instantly and was able to charge but to my account. I'll need to check with the lease company regarding the free 1000 charging miles.

Picked mine up earlier today. Left side indicator camera doesn't work so autopilot will not work and boot looks slightly raised from one side. Will have to get that looked at once app is up and running. How long does it usually take for app to sync? mines a lease car.

Picked mine up earlier today. Left side indicator camera doesn't work so autopilot will not work and boot looks slightly raised from one side. Will have to get that looked at once app is up and running. How long does it usually take for app to sync? mines a lease car.
Mine was instant once I set up my password after delivery. I went to the log in part of the app put on the email they used for my order then clicked on forgot password. They email you a link to change your password and bingo. Up and running.

Well I just used the supercharger for the first time and I plugged in and nothing the car didn't charge. So I had to put my own back card details into my account on the tesla website. Once that was done it cane through instantly and was able to charge but to my account. I'll need to check with the lease company regarding the free 1000 charging miles.
I had to use the supercharger right after pickup as I otherwise wouldn’t have made it home. But I was never charged - so that’s a good sign

I had to use the supercharger right after pickup as I otherwise wouldn’t have made it home. But I was never charged - so that’s a good sign

On past deliveries, first days supercharging did't get charged. Someone posted the reason but I cannot remember it.

Also odd that supercharging declined with no payment method present. In the past, charging seemed always to be honoured (iirc up to £500 debit), but Tesla could come for the money at a later date - ie service visit.

On past deliveries, first days supercharging did't get charged. Someone posted the reason but I cannot remember it.

Also odd that supercharging declined with no payment method present. In the past, charging seemed always to be honoured (iirc up to £500 debit), but Tesla could come for the money at a later date - ie service visit.
I can only assume it it wouldn't let me charge due to no payment method being entered on the app. I plugged it in but nothing, I looked at the screen and under supercharger cost it said no previous charging done. I unplugged tried again but nothing, so that's when I inputed my card details in the app, then it worked straight away. However I'm struggling to find anywhere either in the app or the website of any history of charging. Support says go to the history section in your account..... I don't have one!! ??

I picked up on the 19th and had to Supercharge on the way home, I got billed for it

I’ll be interested to see if I get the 1 year free Supercharging. At the moment I’m just wondering how I can get the mud guards that weren’t fitted to the car at collection!

I picked up on the 19th and had to Supercharge on the way home, I got billed for it

I’ll be interested to see if I get the 1 year free Supercharging. At the moment I’m just wondering how I can get the mud guards that weren’t fitted to the car at collection!
Again I've contacted the lease company on both of those issues. Also sent a text to tesla. See who responds first

Just ordered my M3 SR+ now and picking it up tomorrow existing inventory is fine for me. Other than that not a clue about anything else yet but will post some pics if i see any issues etc
Enjoy! Make sure you ask about the end of quarter incentives if you've not already received confirmation, 1 year free supercharging and also the three month Full Self Driving Trial - although I'm not sure if the latter is applicable to UK cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.