Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are delaying our cars to wait for some from the challenge... now thats been delayed it means ours will be delayed

Better still i called and asked could i collect somewhere else if that speeds up delivery.. was told ill check and ring you back in 20 mins.

No call back :(
When I rang Leeds' number today I think I was put through to Amsterdam or somewhere. I couldn't fully understand him but I got the impression "he was aware I'd spoken to his colleague recently" and I should give it more time. I had no idea what he meant about the colleague bit, but I guess it was only Friday when I last called. I honestly reckon they track the amount of calls against each RN ha.

Regardless being told at this stage to wait 2 weeks before calling again really does not bode well for a supposedly guaranteed March delivery.

If they are delaying our cars to wait for some from the challenge... now thats been delayed it means ours will be delayed

Better still i called and asked could i collect somewhere else if that speeds up delivery.. was told ill check and ring you back in 20 mins.

No call back :(

I used to have a MK3 TT which I bought from Audi in Southampton through a website called drivethedeal, they flatbed that car from Southampton to Newcastle.

If they have 36 deliveries in the next few weeks then surely that would have meant they were on the Glovis Cosmos, yours should have been the 1st loaded onto the transporter!!.

I haven’t got a clue which ship my car is on as Tesla couldn’t tell me when I rang on Friday. I even said that I could take delivery from Edinburgh if that makes it any faster and the agent said I could only have one centre listed. I was VIN matched around the 6th Feb.

Long term reader, first time poster.

For context, my M3 LR MSM/Black was ordered on 30/01/20 to Heathrow. Hidden VIN appeared on 14/02/20 - have been told by Tesla it’s on the Morning Cara. Due into Zeebrugge 1st week of March with delivery 7-10 days afterwards. Outright purchase, so no lease company involved. Fingers crossed it sticks to schedule!

When I rang Leeds' number today I think I was put through to Amsterdam or somewhere. I couldn't fully understand him but I got the impression "he was aware I'd spoken to his colleague recently" and I should give it more time. I had no idea what he meant about the colleague bit, but I guess it was only Friday when I last called. I honestly reckon they track the amount of calls against each RN ha.

Regardless being told at this stage to wait 2 weeks before calling again really does not bode well for a supposedly guaranteed March delivery.

Funny, I had the same. I called up a couple of weeks ago and they told me 2-3 weeks and that I should get a delivery date last week. The delivery date never emerged but my same spec cars appeared on the web site as inventory so I decided I'd place a call to see whether they could allocate me one of those.

I got through to a guy who I couldn't understand and had an accent that made me think I'd gotten through to the Netherlands. He quoted the day I last called and that asked me to wait and that I should hear in a few weeks. I'm starting to doubt the end of Feb delivery I was promised (after the end of November, end of December, end of Jan/beginning of Feb, mid Feb, end of Feb dates I've been given so far lol).

Long term reader, first time poster.

For context, my M3 LR MSM/Black was ordered on 30/01/20 to Heathrow. Hidden VIN appeared on 14/02/20 - have been told by Tesla it’s on the Morning Cara. Due into Zeebrugge 1st week of March with delivery 7-10 days afterwards. Outright purchase, so no lease company involved. Fingers crossed it sticks to schedule!
Funny, I had the same. I called up a couple of weeks ago and they told me 2-3 weeks and that I should get a delivery date last week. The delivery date never emerged but my same spec cars appeared on the web site as inventory so I decided I'd place a call to see whether they could allocate me one of those.

I got through to a guy who I couldn't understand and had an accent that made me think I'd gotten through to the Netherlands. He quoted the day I last called and that asked me to wait and that I should hear in a few weeks. I'm starting to doubt the end of Feb delivery I was promised (after the end of November, end of December, end of Jan/beginning of Feb, mid Feb, end of Feb dates I've been given so far lol).
Very interesting. Today I had to hold for a good 35 minutes, whereas in the past I've been connected within 5. I wonder if this guy is just getting sick of people chasing up their orders. As I keep saying. I don't mind the wait just sick of being told nothing.

I used to have a MK3 TT which I bought from Audi in Southampton through a website called drivethedeal, they flatbed that car from Southampton to Newcastle.

If they have 36 deliveries in the next few weeks then surely that would have meant they were on the Glovis Cosmos, yours should have been the 1st loaded onto the transporter!!.
Yep rightly so!, last info i got when i called at 5pm today was that they was gonna speak to the head of logistics in soton and get back to me tomorrow.

Will update on progress

Very interesting. Today I had to hold for a good 35 minutes, whereas in the past I've been connected within 5. I wonder if this guy is just getting sick of people chasing up their orders. As I keep saying. I don't mind the wait just sick of being told nothing.
Me and Tesla main line delivery are on first name basis now haha, i dont even have to give them my RN anymore. they just know its me. Ive told em im sick of calling and in no way is it personal against them but its taking the piss.

Like ya say, you get told nothing and no apologies at all.

Ordered blue LR 31/1 through Zenith (company car). Having got hold of RN I called Tesla last week and then again today. 5 - 10 minute wait on phone but pleasant chap and no issue with me calling.

Told I was not VIN matched but that they had ships leaving every Friday through 6 March so fine to call back once a week. Take with pinch of salt but sounds like a few more loads to come yet...

• Informative
Reactions: JupiterMan
Were you contacted to say you received a VIN? I was told by Tesla Newcastle yesterday that I'd get a text when I was assigned/matched, but that's not what I've witnessed on here I don't think.

No I wasn’t contacted, I chased up Leaseplan via our Fleet team to get RN, then waited a bit, then phoned Tesla who said no assignment yet, waited a bit more, emailed our Enterprise sales fleet contact who confirmed allocation then left it another week and phoned Tesla again - who volunteered ship name this time.

Complex game this logistics business ...

Am going to get my home charger install done now, even if it is delayed at least I can practice looping the cable tidily and holstering the connector back onto the wall holder.

I had a nine month wait from order to delivery for the car I’m currently driving and that will be replaced by the Model 3.

From ordering the 3 mid January, if I wait till March, April or even June it really is no big deal. Life is too full of stuff that really matters to worry too much about when a car is delivered.
The problem is that a lot of the stuff that matters is affected by not knowing when a new car is being delivered. Waiting is fine, not knowing when it's coming is inconvenient and impacts quite a lot of stuff!

If I was told an accurate date I could plan around that and commit to alternative transportation.

Reactions: Durzel
Ordered m3p white/black end of November through lease plan... spoke to Tesla this morning and advised car is in Belgium with an expected delivery time of 3 weeks... does this sound about right? I need to arrange for my old car to go back but don’t want to leave myself without a vehicle and have to drive hubby’s!!

Ordered blue LR 31/1 through Zenith (company car). Having got hold of RN I called Tesla last week and then again today. 5 - 10 minute wait on phone but pleasant chap and no issue with me calling.

Told I was not VIN matched but that they had ships leaving every Friday through 6 March so fine to call back once a week. Take with pinch of salt but sounds like a few more loads to come yet...
I ordered my LR the same day through Octopus EV / Fleet Evolution. I've been able to get my RN from the lease company and have been told the same thing by Tesla this morning :(

Ordered m3p white/black end of November through lease plan... spoke to Tesla this morning and advised car is in Belgium with an expected delivery time of 3 weeks... does this sound about right? I need to arrange for my old car to go back but don’t want to leave myself without a vehicle and have to drive hubby’s!!

I ordered the same car at the same time and I believe mine is on the Glovis Challenge which was due into Belgium on 15th. However, it’s been circling off-shore for 3 days now so I’m expecting a delay from my original end of Feb estimate. 3 weeks might still do doable if it docks soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.