Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised you're not waiting longer for your spec. The spreadsheet in the main forum is interesting for seeing what people are ordering; basically anything other than white, black and SR+ has lesser popularity, combine all 3 and you're in the <1% of orders group, so they ain't going to be making a lot of them.

FSD obviously makes no difference, nor does purchase option.
Sadly you might be right. Certainly with the colour choice, you need only look at the photos of cars at the dock to see that blue is less common.

FSD granted can be added to any car, but I would like to have hoped that paying in cash would expedite the process somewhat. In practical terms I guess the only difference is how quickly the actual order is placed with Tesla (vs placing the order with the leasing company).

Another first poster here.

I placed my similar order on the 13th, blue/black M3P with FSD through PCP, from Solihull. looks like I'm in for quite a wait but will be interesting to see how close the delivery dates are for similar cars. I had an approval message for the finance within 24 hours, now I'm checking the source code of the website every day like a nervous addict.
I’d wait a week or so before checking for hidden VIN. Best not to get disappointed every day ;)

I ordered an SR+ Blue/Black, back on January 19th. No VIN assigned.

Noticed the inventory cars, which matched my order exactly, so telephoned Tesla, and asked for my order to be assigned one of the inventory stock. Was told that the easiest way to do that would be to submit a new order for the inventory car, and then email deliveryGB to cancel the first and get the deposit transferred over. So, did that.

I then had two cars on my Tesla account. Original order - no vin. New order - has VIN.

Has no response from DeliveryGB yet - I guess they're busy.

Looked at account just now - BOTH orders have VINs assigned. Argh.

In the excitement of ordering the second car, forgot to use a referral code. Argh.

Now waiting to hear back from DeliveryGB to see what they can do - Second order has the £100 no-refund deposit applied, probably to stop twonks like me gaming the system.

Here's an update (see quote above for the story so far).

No response from Email to DeliveryGB. Decided to call the Cancellation number yesterday to try to get one of the cars cancelled.

Apologised to the guy on the phone for being a difficult customer. Explained situation. He said:
"no problem at all, lets check both the orders".
"The second one is in the UK. Let me double check. Yes - definately in the UK"
"Lets cancel first order, get the deposit transferred over, and i'll contact fulfilment to get them to arrange delivery. I'll do that now.".

Was suprised at this point, "Thank you very much - glad I rang."

Couple of hours later the first order was removed from my online account, and deposit amount in "ExistingDeposit" updated.

Today - 17:12 Text from Tesla - Your model 3 delivery appointment has been scheduled for 26/2 at Brent Cross.

So, this was an Inventory Model3 that appeared on Friday 14th Feb. Delivery arranged for 26th Feb.

• Informative
Reactions: speedyranger74
Has anyone ordered through Lease Plan and got their VIN from Tesla yet?
I ordered a M3 SR+ blue/black 27/11/19. I got my RN on the same day but since then nothing from Tesla or Lease Plan.

I have been told I’m matched on the RN received from Leaseplan by request.

As for further information, I chased to get that from Tesla; I wouldn’t expect anything from them directly until the text to allocate you a delivery date.

I ordered on 4th Jan and collect tomorrow
I ordered on 3rd Jan and collected today from Birmingham.

The delivery experience was really good. It was really quiet and was given a one-on-one demo of the car. Loads of time to inspect and ask questions. Found a small scratch on paint which was noted on delivery and service booked in. I was probably there for around an hour and didn’t feel rushed at any point. Only one other person collecting (about 30 mins later) although the Tesla chap did say numbers would increase in the next few weeks. He also said they’d stopped doing the PowerPoint group sessions now and do one on ones instead as there’s so much to cover. I knew a lot already thanks to obsessive internet research but he was pretty thorough, helpful and friendly.

I’ve read mixed stories here, but no complaints from me.

EDIT: Also the car is amazing, have loved every second so far.

The delivery experience was really good. It was really quiet and was given a one-on-one demo of the car. Loads of time to inspect and ask questions. Found a small scratch on paint which was noted on delivery and service booked in. I was probably there for around an hour and didn’t feel rushed at any point. Only one other person collecting (about 30 mins later) although the Tesla chap did say numbers would increase in the next few weeks. He also said they’d stopped doing the PowerPoint group sessions now and do one on ones instead as there’s so much to cover. I knew a lot already thanks to obsessive internet research but he was pretty thorough, helpful and friendly.

It's going to be a long night....................

Reactions: SuperTed

Also collecting from Birmingham, but in a couple of weeks. Did they charge the car fully for you ready for collection?

Status
Not open for further replies.