Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
do we know if GF china will supply the rest of asia now for model 3s and if so does that mean more ships to us from SF.
Not yet, they are still ramping up production and are not even close to meeting Chinese domestic demand. My feeling though is that once production is meeting Chinese demand, they will start to offer the cars to nearby countries, maybe the Indo-China countries, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia. I think 2021 would be the earliest possible date for this though, and 2022 perhaps more likely. These would be new countries for official Tesla availability.

Reactions: diddysal
Yeah I was really surprised, based on other people on here I wasn't expecting a VIN until at least the end of February.
I keep telling myself not to refresh the page, to leave it a week, but can't help myself. Your post has been a ray of sunshine lol even though I know it'll make sod all difference to me because I'm trying to collect from Bristol which is a much smaller SC than Heathrow.

Anyway, enjoy in good health - logically this means your car is on one of the boats that is on its way or has already docked. :)

I keep telling myself not to refresh the page, to leave it a week, but can't help myself./QUOTE]

Same, the fact that people could be delaying delivery of orders of the same spec and Birmingham currently has a white M3P in inventory isn't helping! I still need to sell at least one of two cars before I have somewhere to park mine but I just can't contain my excitement.

Reactions: Durzel
Same, the fact that people could be delaying delivery of orders of the same spec and Birmingham currently has a white M3P in inventory isn't helping! I still need to sell at least one of two cars before I have somewhere to park mine but I just can't contain my excitement.
The sad part is I viewed the source of my order page earlier on after reading @TRG103's post and saw that there were two "5Y" matches in the code. But when I found the second one it was actually a randomly generated ID for one of the forms on the page. The other 5Y is actually part of a stylesheet filename. I feel like Tesla is trolling me.

• Funny
Reactions: Flatchat

Two LRs in white too... exactly the same spec as my unmatched order. I have to say, Tesla offering up cars to potential new orders when existing orders of the same spec are waiting for a match is really not on. I'd think about calling up Tesla and getting them to shift my RN to one of those but they'll be gone before I can get off hold.

EDIT: Gone in the time it took me to write that post.

Two LRs in white too... exactly the same spec as my unmatched order. I have to say, Tesla offering up cars to potential new orders when existing orders of the same spec are waiting for a match is really not on. I'd think about calling up Tesla and getting them to shift my RN to one of those but they'll be gone before I can get off hold.

I tried to get mine swapped to an inventory order (exactly the same spec and there were 6 of them). They wouldn't do it. :(

I agree. Surely it makes sense to VIN match to existing orders with a paid deposit/order fee before offering up to the general public?

I tried to do this last week when I saw my order x 5 on Inventory and I had no VIN, Tesla told me to speak to the lease company and the lease company told me they wouldn't do the cancel order/re-order from inventory.

I think you would have been wasting your time and adding to your frustration, just like I did.

I guess with leasing it makes it extra complicated because it's the lease company technically buying the car. Even so, the process should be automated and you shouldn't have to see cars being offered up for sale that match your unallocated order slot.

Great news, was it someone at Leeds that called you back?

I called Tesla today and was told there was a delay due to the storms. I’m hoping from what he said that my car maybe on the Glovis Challenge, which was meant to dock in Zee on 15th Feb.
Oh i had a bit of drama to go through first, including once being told to "be patient", i called the lease co and they escalated it to the highest person at Tesla they could and within 10 mins it had gone from "be patient" to a delivery date and an apology.

Proves they can do something if they really want to

I guess with leasing it makes it extra complicated because it's the lease company technically buying the car. Even so, the process should be automated and you shouldn't have to see cars being offered up for sale that match your unallocated order slot.

Yeah NHS and Tesla all say that the system is archaic and "out of their control". Ie, they're all blaming eachother. Regardless of who hit the buy button, Tesla are still getting almost £50k for the sale of the LR I've asked for. I'm not upset that it's 6 weeks already since Tesla recieved my order; I'm pissed off that it took LeasePlan from mid september until 8th Jan to actually place the order, and I'm pissed with Tesla that the window for delivery is quickly closing and I've not even got a VIN yet. Seeing White LRs available for on existing inventory is just salt in the bitter wounds.

Reactions: ringi

I had an order placed and saw two the same spec on inventory and called them up to put my name on one. Only ordered early Jan and picked it up yesterday.
I understand that you can click on one and order it directly through the web instead of calling them.

Phoned Tesla.... held for a while then got through to someone...
They said my car was on a boat and was due to arrive UK 1st week March and would be ready for collection 2nd week of March (in Edinburgh).
Am hoping it's on the Grand Mark as surely the Brooklands and Morning Cara would be later than this, unless the Brooklands is sailing straight to the UK and not Zeebrugge?

Status
Not open for further replies.