Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very interested to hear if any deliveries have been promised by the end of this month - July. Most likely in the last week of July.
At the moment I'm not expecting any deliveries to be made until mid-August.

I was told to expect next lot at end of July or start of August on the 22nd of June when I had to cancel the delivery they allocated me.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
I'd be very interested to hear if any deliveries have been promised by the end of this month - July. Most likely in the last week of July.
At the moment I'm not expecting any deliveries to be made until mid-August.
I ordered a white/white/towbar M3 LR on 11 March (trying to beat the budget changes). Yesterday I contacted Tesla to try and get a delivery date for my charger OLEV grant application and got a prompt email reply saying "Vehicle estimated arrival will be mid/end August 2020."

I ordered a white/white/towbar M3 LR on 11 March (trying to beat the budget changes). Yesterday I contacted Tesla to try and get a delivery date for my charger OLEV grant application and got a prompt email reply saying "Vehicle estimated arrival will be mid/end August 2020."

I ordered the exact same a couple of weeks ago and was originally told early August. Their customer service/estimates don't seem to be that reliable. Very frustrating.

I ordered the exact same a couple of weeks ago and was originally told early August. Their customer service/estimates don't seem to be that reliable. Very frustrating.
To be honest I don't think they know. Tesla don't build to order, they make a variety of configs for Europe LHD/RHD & then start matching up once shipped & on their way. These cars have been so popular that they basically sell everything remaining from inventory.

I wonder how understanding Tesla will be throughout August when matched "owners" don't want to pick their cars up until the beginning of September, either because they've booked a holiday or just because they want a 70 reg?
You would hope they would be sympathetic as long as deliveries happen by end September.

I could not care less about the number plate applied to the car, but if I miss a Q3 delivery because of my holiday timings, my blood will boil!

You would hope they would be sympathetic as long as deliveries happen by end September.

I could not care less about the number plate applied to the car, but if I miss a Q3 delivery because of my holiday timings, my blood will boil!

I seem to have mis-timed everything. I ordered in March to beat the budget changes, only to have Tesla drop the price after my order. Then of course, my trade in has been sitting on the drive doing nothing but depreciate for months. Hay, ho - first world problems, eh?

The reg I don’t really care about - I just want the car!

I’m hoping I’m fairly high up the list For Edinburgh - given that I ordered on 10th of June and was offered a car a few days later (which annoyingly I couldn’t accept)... although hearing people say they ordered in March and are still waiting is slightly worrying!

The reg I don’t really care about - I just want the car!

I’m hoping I’m fairly high up the list For Edinburgh - given that I ordered on 10th of June and was offered a car a few days later (which annoyingly I couldn’t accept)... although hearing people say they ordered in March and are still waiting is slightly worrying!

My spec is perhaps a bit of an outlier, though: M3 LR white/white/towbar/19" sports wheels....

I hope they will do the right thing, but I've no idea who you would even negotiate with. Reordering is an option, but having waited so long, I'm reluctant to loose the car.

I have no idea what the price difference is but given you’d only loose at most £100 deposit if it’s substantial it might be worthwhile even with a potentially long wait for the car... maybe you can negotiate something like supercharging instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.