Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't bother me what insert the frunk has TBH. Don't use it for shopping. It's handy to leave charge cables and emergency kit in there but we don't use it much.

The whole headlights/power frunk rumour is a red herring I reckon.
My new one has the usual headlight units and frunk gas struts. I reckon that rumour was a hoax.
Apart from the two charging cables do you also get the emergency kit in the red cover aswell?

Just found out the frunk design / mould has changed for recent 2020 models ? No longer the option to add the bag hooks and the base has slightly changed. Ive already received 3rd party hooks and base mat off Amazon to fit when collect on Friday. Will not be able to fit now :(

I’ve just taken a look on the web shop, Tesla have updated it to show their mat supports both frunks, so it might be alright:

8734C95E-D623-41D3-9BA8-E12C253A1341.png

Reactions: Coley50
For those who picked up this week, firstly congratulations! But can you let me know what you get in the car as accessories? My understanding is below ;

Type 2 charging cable
Granny cable
Warning triangle
Tow hook in the fronk

Is there anything else?

Yes: Type 2 cable, bag containing plug and charger for normal sockets and rear mud flaps in a packet if you want to install (forward mud flaps were preinstalled).

In the frunk there should be towing eye, red pack containing first aid stuff, triangle and hi vis vest.

Glove box will have warranty and breakdown assistance booklet.

Wireless charging pad preinstalled as I’m sure you already know.

It also has a small tray in the arm rest (I didn’t think it came with that but clearly it does).

Just to add in - the existing frunk mats fit as I ordered one months ago from amazon and it’s fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coley50
Yes: Type 2 cable, bag containing plug and charger for normal sockets and rear mud flaps in a packet if you want to install (forward mud flaps were preinstalled).

In the frunk there should be towing eye, red pack containing first aid stuff, triangle and hi vis vest.

Glove box will have warranty and breakdown assistance booklet.

Wireless charging pad preinstalled as I’m sure you already know.

It also has a small tray in the arm rest (I didn’t think it came with that but clearly it does).

Thank you Alistair.

Just to clear up all the 'mud flap' talk. You DO NOT get rear mud flaps. They fit small mud flaps to the front and in the boot or frunk you will find a pair of splash guards with sticky pads already attached. These fix onto the front mud flaps to extend them. They do not fit on the rear.

I to initially assumed they were rear mud flaps when i had my car delivered. Though i wasn't going to use them I though it would see what they looked like. I couldn't work out how they would fit, until I realised they are shaped to attach to the front ones. Gave Tesla a call and they confirmed they are to extend the front ones. And by extend, they will be massive and only just above the ground.

Here is a picture of the instructions for them https://driveteslacanada.ca/wp-cont...esla-Model-3-mud-flap-and-splash-guards-2.jpg

Reactions: Alistairuk
Just at the Tesla Heathrow service centre for the 5th time in 2 months - bunch of trucks loaded with mostly M3s have come in - these guys have no clue what’s in store for them with the appalling service and quality

Attachments

• EF284D0E-625F-42F1-8C3C-BFD3E7808452.jpeg
    EF284D0E-625F-42F1-8C3C-BFD3E7808452.jpeg
    393.2 KB · Views: 55
Just to clear up all the 'mud flap' talk. You DO NOT get rear mud flaps. They fit small mud flaps to the front and in the boot or frunk you will find a pair of splash guards with sticky pads already attached. These fix onto the front mud flaps to extend them. They do not fit on the rear.

I to initially assumed they were rear mud flaps when i had my car delivered. Though i wasn't going to use them I though it would see what they looked like. I couldn't work out how they would fit, until I realised they are shaped to attach to the front ones. Gave Tesla a call and they confirmed they are to extend the front ones. And by extend, they will be massive and only just above the ground.

Here is a picture of the instructions for them https://driveteslacanada.ca/wp-cont...esla-Model-3-mud-flap-and-splash-guards-2.jpg

You can see it here too on the DIY pages: Do It Yourself - Model 3

Morning all
I'm scheduled for home delivery of my M3LR in a little under a week. Does anyone have experience of home delivery? That is, I intend to fully inspect the car before accepting it, and I can imagine the delivery guy will not be too happy about that. Also, does anyone know of a useful delivery checklist?
Cheers

Hi, I think I saw it in this thread, but just called Churchill to sort my insurance and yes, if you tell them you have autopilot they take another 5% off the quote!

I had done my quote online, so then called up and she applied the additional discount for me, she'd been there 10 years and never heard of it, but then check and there it was...

Morning all
I'm scheduled for home delivery of my M3LR in a little under a week. Does anyone have experience of home delivery? That is, I intend to fully inspect the car before accepting it, and I can imagine the delivery guy will not be too happy about that. Also, does anyone know of a useful delivery checklist?
Cheers

So when mine was delivered a few weeks ago, you don't accept it. As soon as its off the trailer and on your drive they take a photo and job done, its yours. Obviously they give you the key cards. They won't wait around for you to inspect it as they are a third party and not Tesla.
That said my delivery guy was great. Before it was off the trailer he pointed out a couple of bits he noticed. Said he had taken photos and told the Service Centre before he left.

I then went over mine with a fine tooth comb and found a few niggly bits, submitted them all in the app and got it booked in to a Service centre. Still don't haven't had the appointment, that's next Wednesday but they called to say they could see the car only had 6 miles on and have noted all these issues are before I have driven it and they will get them all sorted for me. Fingers crossed.

So when mine was delivered a few weeks ago, you don't accept it. As soon as its off the trailer and on your drive they take a photo and job done, its yours. Obviously they give you the key cards. They won't wait around for you to inspect it as they are a third party and not Tesla.
That said my delivery guy was great. Before it was off the trailer he pointed out a couple of bits he noticed. Said he had taken photos and told the Service Centre before he left.

I then went over mine with a fine tooth comb and found a few niggly bits, submitted them all in the app and got it booked in to a Service centre. Still don't haven't had the appointment, that's next Wednesday but they called to say they could see the car only had 6 miles on and have noted all these issues are before I have driven it and they will get them all sorted for me. Fingers crossed.

That's great. Many thanks for this. Very useful indeed.
So basically I can take as long as I like to check it over and report any issues.

Morning all
Cheers
Mine was home delivered on a low loader back in April.

Very helpful contract driver, Handed me the key cards as soon as he had reversed it onto my drive & hung around as long as I needed to check for any exterior or obvious interior blemishes (none!). Tesla will email you a delivery acceptance document just before which you need to sign & return online - this triggers them sending the details over to the DVLA to register & also for enabling your phone app (recommend you download it beforehand).

Here is a copy of the delivery checklist that I used to go through the car thoroughly (I posted one on this thread #7036 Model 3 Orders and Deliveries) You have 7 days/100 miles after handover to report any issues via the app.

(checklist post 7036 p352 22 June #7036)

Status
Not open for further replies.