Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Called up Tesla who confirmed I have a VIN number allocated which means I am “ matched”. Apparently car is yet not on a ship? Does that mean I don’t have a reg number yet? Or can I find that on the basis of my VIN ?

Called up Tesla who confirmed I have a VIN number allocated which means I am “ matched”. Apparently car is yet not on a ship? Does that mean I don’t have a reg number yet? Or can I find that on the basis of my VIN ?
You'll get a reg number closer to arrival in the UK (possibly once it arrives at the collection center) If it's not on a ship yet, you'll want to keep an eye on the Shipping post, and it could be one from Newark

Received a phone call from Tesla to say they would send me some final paperwork to sign digitally before I collect on 3rd Sept.

The paperwork they wanted to to sign was to say that I've taken receipt of the car and that it matches the paid for spec even though I've not yet taken receipt of the car or checked it matches the invoice spec.

I guess this is to help with the contactless process due to COVID-19 but seems strange to be signing this when I've not seen the car yet. Anyone else been asked to sign this beforehand?

Received a phone call from Tesla to say they would send me some final paperwork to sign digitally before I collect on 3rd Sept.

The paperwork they wanted to to sign was to say that I've taken receipt of the car and that it matches the paid for spec even though I've not yet taken receipt of the car or checked it matches the invoice spec.

I guess this is to help with the contactless process due to COVID-19 but seems strange to be signing this when I've not seen the car yet. Anyone else been asked to sign this beforehand?
lots of people have, it can speed up the collection process, it's up to you really

Yes same here, recd text last week to sign digitally, I wont be doing this until the day when I have checked the car on the 4th :)

Yes same here, recd text last week to sign digitally, I wont be doing this until the day when I have checked the car on the 4th :)

I got the same, I'm collecting tomorrow and received another text today;

"Tesla Update - In preparation for your Delivery tomorrow, please ensure that your Delivery Declaration has been signed. This will allow you access to the Tesla App in time for your appointment. As this will be a contactless experience, please view our Support Videos"

with a link to some videos (different from the ones in the App) which I guess used to form part of that presentation thing they did for new owners ( Meet Your Tesla if anyone wants to watch them ). I'm currently debating whether to sign in advance or not now - was hoping someone who collected today would be able to confirm if they had a similar experience or if this is just Edinburgh.

I think this is the correct course of action. If it takes a little longer at collection so what. I've been an owner for 3.5 years and the cars are fantastic. Tesla as a corporate entity, less so. The UK staff do their best but have very little decision making or discretionary powers. I would not be signing something that weakens your position.

Reactions: ringi
I think this is the correct course of action. If it takes a little longer at collection so what. I've been an owner for 3.5 years and the cars are fantastic. Tesla as a corporate entity, less so. The UK staff do their best but have very little decision making or discretionary powers. I would not be signing something that weakens your position.
Totally agree, how can you sign for something over 50k to confirm its OK and as ordered if you haven't seen it. I don't believe they should even be asking customers to do so. They may be busy this week but if it takes a bit longer for handover to get the app to work then so be it. I don't believe anyone would do this for any other manufacturer ;)

Reactions: DJP31
Totally agree, how can you sign for something over 50k to confirm its OK and as ordered if you haven't seen it. I don't believe they should even be asking customers to do so. They may be busy this week but if it takes a bit longer for handover to get the app to work then so be it. I don't believe anyone would do this for any other manufacturer ;)

I won’t be signing mine until I’ve viewed the car. As long as the key cards work it makes no difference to me if it takes a while for the app to come alive.

Same for me, I got a VIN off them when I called on Friday, but even today there is no info as to where the car is. They are still saying end of September though which is pushing it if it's not on a ship already, unless it's coming from the east coast.

Has anyone picked up from Birmingham 101 small Heath highway? On google maps it looks like an Infiniti garage? Has it all been rebranded etc to Tesla?

I picked up from Birmingham this morning (Long-Range, Blue, Tow Hitch).
It went well....quick, easy handover, 90% charge, front mudflaps fitted & rears in the boot, with the granny lead and Type 2 lead.
Drives so nice....I am a happy punter.

I'll be picking up from Brum... at some point... excited!

I just tried phoning to see if I could get an idea of delivery (it was an inventory model, I have the VIN etc.), but just kept getting told I'd get a text message on the next bulk scheduling, maybe next week. No ballpark was offered. Any thoughts on that? I can't remember if it was listed as in transit or in country - but the person on the other end of the phone couldn't tell me either.

Did at least correct my phone number from (0) to (+44) - not a problem I knew was there!

I've decided not to sign it until I've seen the car. On the phone they said not to worry it's not legally binding. However, I'm pretty sure it is a legally binding document so it all seems a bit confused. I'm sure it would be fine to sign it but it just goes against the grain as I'm someone who always carefully reads / checks anything I sign.

I'm happy to wait a day or so for them to set up my Tesla account as I can just use the key or keycards in the meantime.

From my experience of renting a Tesla for a week and speaking to owners, the cars are fantastic. However, I do the feel the purchase process could be improved in order for it to be at the same technological standard as the cars themselves.

I do like the lack of pushy salesmen and the ability to easily order on line, which is something I feel they've got right in the purchase process.

They could however improve the final purchase steps such as:

- Show live maps of the boat coming over with your car on it
- More clarity in terms of what information they are going to put on the V5C and where to enter this (in the case of company cars where the company is the owner but the employee is the registered keeper on the V5C)
- The option to enter your private number plate so they can print this
- Answering emails - I've not had any replies to emails so far but phone support is good.
- Show details of the order process on my Tesla phone app
- showing your allocated reg number online without the need to phone up for it.

I'm very excited to be collecting tomorrow :D

Reactions: bapodra
The one big improvement they could make on quality is to have a “head tech” detailed PDI report where someone at the collection centre is taking personal accountability for condition of the vehicle and safety of what they are sending out on the road.

The example I would use is if a rear light cluster is slightly wonky, how do I know if the wheel bolts have been torqued correctly ? This feels like such a basic new car experience thing, the most basic of things in fact.

• Funny
Reactions: DS8819
Same for me, I got a VIN off them when I called on Friday, but even today there is no info as to where the car is. They are still saying end of September though which is pushing it if it's not on a ship already, unless it's coming from the east coast.

Think we are on the same boat.. Just posted in the shipping forum, but I called just now, they are saying it has left Newark recently, RCC Africa has just left Newark too, so I think 2 + 2.. I've been given pick up date between 24th - 30th.

I've decided not to sign it until I've seen the car. On the phone they said not to worry it's not legally binding. However, I'm pretty sure it is a legally binding document so it all seems a bit confused. I'm sure it would be fine to sign it but it just goes against the grain as I'm someone who always carefully reads / checks anything I sign.

I'm happy to wait a day or so for them to set up my Tesla account as I can just use the key or keycards in the meantime.

From my experience of renting a Tesla for a week and speaking to owners, the cars are fantastic. However, I do the feel the purchase process could be improved in order for it to be at the same technological standard as the cars themselves.

I do like the lack of pushy salesmen and the ability to easily order on line, which is something I feel they've got right in the purchase process.

They could however improve the final purchase steps such as:

- Show live maps of the boat coming over with your car on it
- More clarity in terms of what information they are going to put on the V5C and where to enter this (in the case of company cars where the company is the owner but the employee is the registered keeper on the V5C)
- The option to enter your private number plate so they can print this
- Answering emails - I've not had any replies to emails so far but phone support is good.
- Show details of the order process on my Tesla phone app
- showing your allocated reg number online without the need to phone up for it.

I'm very excited to be collecting tomorrow :D

Personally, I will not be signing *anything* until I have thoroughly inspected by car to ensure I am completely happy with it.

Any document that you sign as accepting the ownership of the car IS legally binding, if it wasn't there would be no obligation to sign it. Once signed, you have contractually accepted the goods as being in a satisfactory condition at the point of collection.

Why not reply to Tesla asking *them* to sign a document that you have prepared stating that *they* have fully inspected the car for any faults by way of a comprehensive pdi prior to your collection and will provide a documented verification of all the checks that they have carried out, furthermore that they warrant that all defects that *you* identify at the time of collection will be rectified to your satisfaction BEFORE you sign to accept the car and drive it away from their premises.

If you get a response ( likely?, I don't think so) I would be interested to see it posted on here.

Any defects that are subsequently found that that are deemed to have been reasonably evident to you at the time you accepted the car would be at the discretion of the supplier unless *you* are able to prove otherwise.

I recommend that you go to collect your car armed with a clipboard containing an inspection list that you have compiled to focus upon rather than be blinkered by the adrenaline rush and excitement of the moment and advise the tesla rep that you will be undertaking such an inspection and will not be accepting or driving away the car unless it meets with your complete approval.

Good luck with the collection of your car, I hope that it exceeds your expectations and your are able to enjoy it without any post-delivery blues.

Perhaps you will post details of your collection experience, whether good, bad or indifferent.

Status
Not open for further replies.