Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you collected from Koopman's?

Not yet, but I have been there previously.

It is in a remote industrial area of Amsterdam. Compared to the SC which is in a commercial/industrial district whithin a 12 minute drive or ~30 min by bus. (Of which ~10 minutes walk on either end depending on which bus I choose, but the closest busstop at Tesla is a 1 minute walk)

To Koopman Terminal however it is 25 min. by car or a 1,5 hour by public transport. The closest busstop near the terminal being a 23 min. walk at a remote location.

Tesla used to have a shuttle service on that end previous years that would still take 9 minutes of the journey, but due to COVID-19 this has been cancelled.

Imagine if your not living in Amsterdam, but Groningen instead. (2 hours by car, 2:47 by public transport)

I am glad they no longer have you pick up the car from IJmuiden like they did in a previous year. (Although it is the same distance as Koopman by public transport )

I received a text today at 0941 stating that my Model 3 is nearly here, coincident with the Amsterdam offload/pickup of GRAND AURORA (ETA in Southampton 2020-12-02).
My delivery date is the 9th (and has been since the first notification on the 11th November).
See 2020 Shipping Movements on 2020 Shipping Movements
Update: delivery date re-confirmed yesterday at 1432, just as GA was chugging along the south coast to Southampton (She's docked there now, due to leave tomorrow for Bremerhaven).

Unsure whether to call Tesla for details of how I get the lease car on my correct account (i.e., preferably NOT the work email one), or just to ride it out...

Update: delivery date re-confirmed yesterday at 1432, just as GA was chugging along the south coast to Southampton (She's docked there now, due to leave tomorrow for Bremerhaven).

Unsure whether to call Tesla for details of how I get the lease car on my correct account (i.e., preferably NOT the work email one), or just to ride it out...
2020 Q4 'M' delivery club

• Love
Reactions: StevehConwy
I've read the other day that Tesla is trying to get to 500,000 cars shipped this year and that they still had >150,000 to go. Interestingly though is that up until a few days ago the estimated delivery date on the Tesla UK website was December (and we've been told as well that our car that was ordered recently should still come this year). Now it says February. Have they sold all the cars on those ships already? I hope my car is on one of those ships. Unfortunately as I am leasing it I won't know until I get a call that I can pick it up.

I've read the other day that Tesla is trying to get to 500,000 cars shipped this year and that they still had >150,000 to go. Interestingly though is that up until a few days ago the estimated delivery date on the Tesla UK website was December (and we've been told as well that our car that was ordered recently should still come this year). Now it says February. Have they sold all the cars on those ships already? I hope my car is on one of those ships. Unfortunately as I am leasing it I won't know until I get a call that I can pick it up.
If you have the RN number you can call Tesla ask them where you car is. If you don't have an RN, give your leasing company a call and ask for it - if nothing else it's confirmation that your leasing company have actually ordered the car. You'd be surprised how many leasing companies sit on orders so they can consolidate them and get a discount I assume from Tesla.

If you have the RN number you can call Tesla ask them where you car is. If you don't have an RN, give your leasing company a call and ask for it - if nothing else it's confirmation that your leasing company have actually ordered the car. You'd be surprised how many leasing companies sit on orders so they can consolidate them and get a discount I assume from Tesla.
Thanks Mr Miserable, we have received this email from Tesla (on the 30th, it took the leasing company 2-3 weeks to get to this point):
  1. We are finalising your order with your lease provider. To accelerate the process, please ensure that all paperwork is in place.
  2. Download the Tesla app (Apple or Android). Your access will go live once you have received your Tesla. You can set/reset your password here .
  3. Add a credit / debit card for the Supercharger network via your Tesla Account. Please note that as your vehicle is leased, it will not appear on your Tesla Account. This does not affect the functionality of your Tesla App or Tesla Account.
  4. Sit back and relax. The Tesla Delivery Team will contact you to confirm your appointment via SMS. Until then, please contact your lease provider for updates.
So hopefully the M3 is really on order. When you say RN do you mean the UK 'registration number' or the VIN?

I used to earn my pocket money as an 18 year old doing shifts in the harbour of Bremerhaven. The best job was always to drive cars on and off the ships. I hope they don't employ boy racers like we were to unload my car ;-)

Thanks Mr Miserable, we have received this email from Tesla (on the 30th, it took the leasing company 2-3 weeks to get to this point):
  1. We are finalising your order with your lease provider. To accelerate the process, please ensure that all paperwork is in place.
  2. Download the Tesla app (Apple or Android). Your access will go live once you have received your Tesla. You can set/reset your password here .
  3. Add a credit / debit card for the Supercharger network via your Tesla Account. Please note that as your vehicle is leased, it will not appear on your Tesla Account. This does not affect the functionality of your Tesla App or Tesla Account.
  4. Sit back and relax. The Tesla Delivery Team will contact you to confirm your appointment via SMS. Until then, please contact your lease provider for updates.
So hopefully the M3 is really on order. When you say RN do you mean the UK 'registration number' or the VIN?

I used to earn my pocket money as an 18 year old doing shifts in the harbour of Bremerhaven. The best job was always to drive cars on and off the ships. I hope they don't employ boy racers like we were to unload my car ;-)
The RN is the Reservation Number but if you have a Tesla account they should be able to find you.
I bought a Nissan (my first new car) and collected it off the dock in Bremerhaven in 1982.

Hi Everyone.

My Model 3 currently has a delivery date of December 12th. Do you think it’s likely that it was on the Grand Aurora or should I just accept that it’s on the Glovis Crystal and going to get delayed? I called Tesla but all they would say is that my car is ‘in transit’ and they remain committed to delivering it on the 12th. I did try to point out that might be impossible if the car is in the middle of the Atlantic right now, but they wouldn’t divulge anything further.

What do you reckon?

Hi Everyone.

My Model 3 currently has a delivery date of December 12th. Do you think it’s likely that it was on the Grand Aurora or should I just accept that it’s on the Glovis Crystal and going to get delayed? I called Tesla but all they would say is that my car is ‘in transit’ and they remain committed to delivering it on the 12th. I did try to point out that might be impossible if the car is in the middle of the Atlantic right now, but they wouldn’t divulge anything further.

What do you reckon?
Tesla will bend over backwards to ensure you get your car delivered by the end of the year. That's all I can be sure about. Orders and Deliveries thread will give you a better feel of what is likely to happen in your case.

Hi Everyone.

What do you reckon?
I reckon it's been on Grand Aurora - just unloaded at Southampton

Picking mine up next week - Just received this text from Tesla. Worth remembering that when your insuring the car, that Tesla do not complete the reg until you've picked it up. So if insuring online, you'll need to complete the insurance process without the reg (as it will not be recognised) and then phone the insurance company up to add the reg manually once you've got it from Tesla - I found Churchill to be the most competitive:

2020-12-03 Tesla text screenshot redacted.jpg

Last edited:
Is anyone expecting their car this month not had a delivery date yet?

Ordered mid November website and txt saying I was allocated a car but site is still saying they are drawing up contract/invoice and they’ll reach out about delivery.

Spoke to them last Friday and there was an issue with driving licence which was sorted on Monday but still no date...

Is anyone expecting their car this month not had a delivery date yet?

Ordered mid November website and txt saying I was allocated a car but site is still saying they are drawing up contract/invoice and they’ll reach out about delivery.

Spoke to them last Friday and there was an issue with driving licence which was sorted on Monday but still no date...

I ordered on 18th November, but changed colour on 25th and had allocation text the same day. I haven't had a collection text, and I've been phoning them to try and find out what's happening but I just kept getting told I'll get a text update soon.

Well yesterday I phoned them and pressed option 4 instead of 2 as that's the delivery team, the guy I spoke to was really helpful and said my car would be available from the 16th December and he could book me a slot. So I'm booked in at 10:30 on Saturday 19th December.

It's updated in my Tesla account but collection is from Dartford and not Chelmsford..

Status
Not open for further replies.