Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked my M3 LR up from Edinburgh 24 hours ago.

couple of minor issues - boot lid was lying lower on one side but easily fixed.

A sticky residue on both front door pockets could not be sorted so new panels ordered.

No mud flaps which I forgot to check at delivery so I will mention when they call to book in for the doors.

None of the above can detract from what is a phenomenal bit of kit.

I can’t stop smiling and just want to go out driving all the time, a bit like when I passed my driving test a million years ago!

Reactions: init6
Picked my M3 LR up from Edinburgh 24 hours ago.

couple of minor issues - boot lid was lying lower on one side but easily fixed.

A sticky residue on both front door pockets could not be sorted so new panels ordered.

No mud flaps which I forgot to check at delivery so I will mention when they call to book in for the doors.

None of the above can detract from what is a phenomenal bit of kit.

I can’t stop smiling and just want to go out driving all the time, a bit like when I passed my driving test a million years ago!

How did they fix the boot? Mine is slightly lower on one side not enough there's contact thankfully but enough that it is closer.

Picked mine up from Dartford this morning, gave it a good check, only issue is the passenger door is askew in some way, the black trim lines up but the bottom is a larger gap than the top, Tesla clearly have seen it as they've got their monkey wrench on the hinges and scuffed the paint.

No mud guards either, handover person said I'd need to put a request in through the app.

Other than that no issues, though the car only had 30% charge when I got in and down to 28% by the time I left the service centre, so had to divert to Chelmsford supercharger to top up which did at least give me time to fiddle.

Picked mine up from Manchester this morning. At first delighted to find all panels well aligned but no mudflaps. They told me they'd run out and they would be fitted if I booked it in. No big deal.

Then, unfortunately if found the first set of scratches around the drivers door handle. It looked like a cat had been clawing at the door handle. Worse still, there were a second set of fairly substantial scratches on the passenger rear door, like it had been parked close to a bramble bush.

The guys there told me these would be repaired at the same time as the mudflaps were fitted but unfortunately it's taken the gloss off what should have been a great day.

How did they fix the boot? Mine is slightly lower on one side not enough there's contact thankfully but enough that it is closer.

Picked mine up from Dartford this morning, gave it a good check, only issue is the passenger door is askew in some way, the black trim lines up but the bottom is a larger gap than the top, Tesla clearly have seen it as they've got their monkey wrench on the hinges and scuffed the paint.

No mud guards either, handover person said I'd need to put a request in through the app.

Other than that no issues, though the car only had 30% charge when I got in and down to 28% by the time I left the service centre, so had to divert to Chelmsford supercharger to top up which did at least give me time to fiddle.

I'm not sure I'm afraid. I was scouting around the rest of the car to check it out while they fixed it - it was done in seconds though, i know that much.

Picked mine up from Manchester this morning. At first delighted to find all panels well aligned but no mudflaps. They told me they'd run out and they would be fitted if I booked it in. No big deal.

Then, unfortunately if found the first set of scratches around the drivers door handle. It looked like a cat had been clawing at the door handle. Worse still, there were a second set of fairly substantial scratches on the passenger rear door, like it had been parked close to a bramble bush.

The guys there told me these would be repaired at the same time as the mudflaps were fitted but unfortunately it's taken the gloss off what should have been a great day.

6 years, 3Jaguars and my M3P is due to be delivered to me on 31st.
Jaguars handed over polished and immaculate in a heated showroom with flowers for my better half.
I hope I’ve not done the wrong thing moving........
All lease cars, so I’m only a custodian of somebody else’s property.
Hope they don’t bring it on a trailer with apparent issues, that would be wasting everyone’s time.

When I picked up my M3LR last week, it was raining so it wasn't possible to fully check the paintwork etc. Having looked over the car today, in addition to the missing mudflaps (reported at collection) and misaligned front doors, there is a nasty chip 10mm x 5mm on the nearside sill down to the white base coat. The car has only covered 45 miles (mostly the journey home).

What is the best way to report issues present on delivery please? I tried to log via the app, but it only offers me an appointment at a service centre which is a 100 mile round trip and strangely does not offer me the option of the Winchester centre which would be closer. The door adjustment and mud flaps could easily be sorted by a Ranger and the paint damage will need a bodyshop visit. Therefore, a journey to a service centre seems a rather wasted journey!

Last edited:
They are actually an "All Weather Protection Kits" - mud guards is probably pushing it. Mind you, so is all weather protection.

Based upon experience with larger flaps, they may reduce the larger debris (pine needles and tree leaves around here), but there is something (low pressure?) about the Model 3 that makes the lower sides and lower rear is a dirt magnet more than any other car that I have owned.

Picked mine up yesterday. loads of scratches which I need to get sorted and very minor panel alignment issues.
check out my video Tesla Model 3 2021 collection UK
Picked up from Thorpe park. Quick 5 minute que then just had to find the car in their car park.
blue exterior and white interior
Paint quality on these cars is very poor. Next time i will go for the free colour and wrap it. You can tell the paint is very thin, they need thicker paint or more layers applied.

Mine is due for home delivery today, weather is atrocious with rain all day so it's going to be difficult to inspect. I'm really not used to this with a new car, it's like buying second hand without seeing it first.
Mine was home delivered on Saturday in TORRENTIAL rain so no real option to inspect. Didn't arrive until 4pm so it was also dark by that point and apart from confirming delivery via email with Tesla, the delivery driver didn't require anything to be signed.

On inspection the following day I found quite a few faults (rear door handles not flush, boot up on one side, washer jets not working, scratches in multiple places - very deep one on the rear bumper, dirty hand prints on the headliner) which I've logged though the Tesla App (which activated about 20 hours after delivery).

Was a bit disappointing but I know these can be easily rectified but it does take the shine off a bit - until you drive it and put your foot down. Blown away. I've had a 911 and M3 before but this is something else....

Will post some pics later.

Further to my previous post, I phoned Tesla to check how to deal with bodywork issues. They advised to book in via the app as they have a bodyshop in house. As the Winchester Service Centre is not listed on the app, they asked that I mention in the notes that Winchester is preferred and they will re-allocate accordingly.

She's arrived! Absolutely fantastic.....just off for some tints and ceramic coating...

CLEAN IMG_3944.jpg CLEAN IMG_3945.jpgCLEAN IMG_3947.jpg IMG_3950.jpg

Reactions: cutting42
Status
Not open for further replies.