Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.32.1 53f03e4 Software Glitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated to 2019.32.1 53f03e4 last night and noticed the new feature of selecting different wheels.
Given that I have 19” turbines on my car, and not the 5 stars that were on my avatar I decided to give the switch a try.
I clicked on the turbines and as soon as I hit the save button the MCU immediately went black, car shut off, and then restarted with 4 error messages on the display.
Stability Control Disabled
Regen braking disabled
Automatic emergency braking disabled
Traction control disabled

I immediately tried a reboot of MCU and reboot of display and no change. All 4 error messages still on the display. Drove for 5 minutes and tried the above reboots again and no change. Drove for another 10 minutes and performed a reboot and no change.
Decided to go back and switch the wheels back to what I originally had, still get all the error messages on my display however the car didn’t automatically reboot on its own this time.
Switched back to the 19” turbines, no automatic reboot this time either so I rebooted 2 more times manually. Still get all the error messages.
Decided to power down the car completely for 5 minutes. Powered back up and still have all the error messages. Absolutely no change.
By this time I am really starting to get pissed.
Finally did one more reboot and all returned to normal with no error messages. Took the car for a short drive around the block and all appears to be well.
Not sure what the hell happened but was a huge pain in the ass for 1/2 hour. Was worried something got really messed up.

Just a heads up for anyone that wants to try switching the wheels on their avatar. It’s nice to be able to switch the wheels but I’m dreading switching it back again when winter rolls around and I go to put my winter wheels on.

Anyone else have any issues with this feature?

• Informative
Reactions: PrGrPa and croman
After the software update, but without a reboot (like I usually do), I changed my wheels from the 21 inch Arachnoid's that I used to have on the car to 21 inch Turbines that originally came on the car and I have on now. It took the change, but then immediately the screen went blank, and took a long time to boot back up. In the meantime, the IC rebooted as well. All is well now...

Updated to 2019.32.1 53f03e4 last night and noticed the new feature of selecting different wheels.
Given that I have 19” turbines on my car, and not the 5 stars that were on my avatar I decided to give the switch a try.
I clicked on the turbines and as soon as I hit the save button the MCU immediately went black, car shut off, and then restarted with 4 error messages on the display.
Stability Control Disabled
Regen braking disabled
Automatic emergency braking disabled
Traction control disabled
[...]
Not sure what the hell happened but was a huge pain in the ass for 1/2 hour. Was worried something got really messed up. [...]
Anyone else have any issues with this feature?

Done same, had the same experience. But I was on the way to an appointment, so I just drove there (without regen etc), parked the car.
When I came back 45mins later, the warnings had gone, everything worked again.
Guess, the first time you change the wheels, there's quite some things behind the scenes to be changed. A warning about this behaviour would have been nice, though ;-)
Can't say whether this will happen again if I change the wheels again (for the winter tires, then).

There is is a warning that the car will reboot after pressing confirm on the Wheel Configuration screen. I was expecting the system to change my expected range when going from 18” to 20” wheels (Model 3) as indicated in the release notes, but there was no change in either the Energy app or the estimated range icon. I did notice this release dropped my 100% range from 325 miles to 310 miles with a corresponding adjustment of the “rated” line in the Energy app.