Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.36.1 Reports Coming In....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As someone who has already killed 10 construction barrels, I'd like to know if it detects barrels as well as cones. It's one thing to put them on the screen but will it AVOID them?

Mine used to detect cones and put up a nice "construction zone detected" warning. Then it would proceed to ignore the cones and force me to take over.

Now it doesn't even see them.

As someone who has already killed 10 construction barrels, I'd like to know if it detects barrels as well as cones. It's one thing to put them on the screen but will it AVOID them?

"The driving visualization now displays traffic cones. In cases where a traffic cone is detected and Navigate on Autpilot is engaged (requires Full Self Driving Capability) the vehicle is designed to suggest a lane change (or attempt a lane change if REQUIRE LANE CHANGE CONFIRMATION is set to NO) to avoid cones. As always, you are responsible for your vehicle and are required to pay attention at all times."

Hopefully the update will arrive soon before cold weather hits. Love to see how "scheduled departures" helps with cold weather driving.
In the meantime, you can just schedule your car to charge an hour (or however long is necessary) before you leave the house. This will warm the battery up and help avoid reduced regen. We've been charging this way for 3+ years. Sometimes it does take a quick calculation or two but you don't need to be that exact.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
In the meantime, you can just schedule your car to charge an hour (or however long is necessary) before you leave the house. This will warm the battery up and help avoid reduced regen. We've been charging this way for 3+ years. Sometimes it does take a quick calculation or two but you don't need to be that exact.
I know. It would just be easier to plug in the time you're leaving and not have to do the calculation.

• Informative
Reactions: Blup85
i
"The driving visualization now displays traffic cones. In cases where a traffic cone is detected and Navigate on Autpilot is engaged (requires Full Self Driving Capability) the vehicle is designed to suggest a lane change (or attempt a lane change if REQUIRE LANE CHANGE CONFIRMATION is set to NO) to avoid cones. As always, you are responsible for your vehicle and are required to pay attention at all times."
is it actually an hour? that seems awfully long. i've been trying to play with it and yet to find the "sweet spot". i have noticed the higher the SOC the more likely regen will be reduced in the cold.

If anyone's wondering what One Pedal Driving means, I did a search and found this:

“Along with the previously-available CREEP and ROLL (the previous vehicle behavior if CREEP was disabled) settings, a new setting called HOLD is available as a Stopping Mode selection. When HOLD is selected, your vehicle continues to use regenerative braking after decelerating to a low speed and applies Vehicle Hold after coming to a complete stop. The HOLD setting maximized range and reduces brake wear by continuing to provide regenerative braking at speeds lower than approximately 5 mph (8km/h).”

Just installed 2019.36.1

Stopping Mode
Scheduled Departure
Power Increase
Automatic Navigation

20191102_025848216_iOS.jpg
20191102_025859132_iOS.jpg
20191102_025911932_iOS.jpg