Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.36.x - UK perspective

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Traffic cone detection works super well. I was amazed at the random cones it saw!

Attachments

• 38DFB623-2DA7-490F-ABFE-864AF5E3031E.jpeg
    38DFB623-2DA7-490F-ABFE-864AF5E3031E.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 00EA3C2A-51A8-48A1-8846-53D20C651078.jpeg
    00EA3C2A-51A8-48A1-8846-53D20C651078.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 9777507F-7A53-4FF5-A347-47E862ECEB9F.jpeg
    9777507F-7A53-4FF5-A347-47E862ECEB9F.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: gangzoom
From TeslaFi fleet, 275 cars updated to 36.1 on 2/11 but dropped off to 19, 5, 3 cars on following 3 days. Total 3.5% of TeslaFi fleet.

Presumably as a first version of an update this was downloaded to the c.300 cars on day 1 as a single test fleet, which the owners then installed mostly on day 1 but some taking a little longer. Then tesla would presumably have planned to gather data for bugs or whatever for a period before adjusting and wider release?

Typical pattern for the updates between big new features. They tend to want to hit a small percentage of the fleet with a week or two of pausing in between. Sometimes they will push out dot releases for AB testing but other times just continue rolling out the older update.

Not every release goes wide after a major one like V10. Usually a few fix up releases go wide (we got a ton of them after Smart Summon) and then it could be another 2 months before another wide release happens.

From reddit.. "When I got back to the car I strapped him in, climbed back in the car and put the car in reverse. When I pushed the accelerator, the car drove forward up the hill. I stopped it a few inches from the other car bumper. I put it in park.. then back in to reverse and carefully tried accelerator again, and once again it drove forward up the hill...."

This is why rollouts come in phases.. to catch snafus like this. It's possible there are more factors, but I'm sure Tesla are already having a good look at the data as a car really shouldn't go in the opposite direction you expect it to..

From reddit.. "When I got back to the car I strapped him in, climbed back in the car and put the car in reverse. When I pushed the accelerator, the car drove forward up the hill. I stopped it a few inches from the other car bumper. I put it in park.. then back in to reverse and carefully tried accelerator again, and once again it drove forward up the hill...."

This is why rollouts come in phases.. to catch snafus like this. It's possible there are more factors, but I'm sure Tesla are already having a good look at the data as a car really shouldn't go in the opposite direction you expect it to..

Interesting! So it sounds like the car was parked when the issue manifested. Good to know what situations to avoid until the next update :)

2019.36.2 now rolling out. Latest doesn't always mean greatest, but in this case, 36.2 is preferable to 36.1 which is reported above to have a significant defect and no new installs of that reported for several days.

36.2 is now 8% of TeslaFi fleet, 36.1 now only 2% of fleet. So within a day, 36.2 is already greater numbers than 36.1 ever was.

TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S X 3 Data Logger

Last edited:
2019.36.2 now rolling out. Latest doesn't always mean greatest, but in this case, 36.2 is preferable to 36.1 which is reported above to have a significant defect and no new installs of that reported for several days.

36.2 is now 8% of TeslaFi fleet, 36.1 now only 2% of fleet. So within a day, 36.2 is already greater numbers than 36.1 ever was.

TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S X 3 Data Logger
I'm enjoying it so far Shame nothing in the release notes about SR+ charge rate but ah well.