Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.36.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed 36.2.1 in our LEMR. The car drives completely differently (in a good way). Really enjoying the stronger regen, and the power above 40 mph seems noticeably stronger...at least to my butt dyno.

I did have a bit of a quirk after the update, however. I tried to turn off auto-folding mirrors and it wouldn't save the setting. I ended up rebooting, which fixed that...but also turned off my wifi. I had to manually turn it back on, and then search and re-login to our home network.

Anyway, loving the update so far!

36.2.1: noticed the car can now change lanes at very slow speeds like around 5km/h (3m/h). Both NoA and manual. Before it was just not available at these speeds. Looks like they try to incorporate Summon's slow speed automatic driving into freeway driving.
The lane change at such slow speeds looks quite aggressive (meaning the car is turning at quite large angles, sometimes very slow, sometimes very fast). Sometimes can even be scary. Quite impressive, but requires some more work to make it smoother.

Still waiting on 2019.36, still on 2019.32. Anyone else with an s or x HW2.5 MCU1 still stuck on older software? Have FSD and set to advanced, not usually this late in the upgrade line up. Most likely random luck but want to see if others in the same boat.

Reactions: Richard34212
Still waiting on 2019.36, still on 2019.32. Anyone else with an s or x HW2.5 MCU1 still stuck on older software? Have FSD and set to advanced, not usually this late in the upgrade line up. Most likely random luck but want to see if others in the same boat.
Yes, we have an AP2.5/MCU1 Model S that is still on 2019.32. The AP2 S updated to 2019.36 over the weekend.

Great to hear I’m not alone :).

Our non FSD model 3 updated before the X, which has never happened before for me.
Our AP2.5/MCU1 Model S got the update last night.

Just got that installed in Calgary. FINALLY we have scheduled departure, have wanted that for years.
Don't get to excited. In it's current state, the feature is pretty limited and leaves a lot to be desired. You can't adjust the 6 am time. You can't turn off preconditioning. You can't indicate the days of the week (if any) that you want preconditioning. Chances are your car will charge and the battery will cool back down before departure, meaning reduced regen.

Reactions: groovyd
They are already doing that. This is exactly what the model 3 does when Regen is limited.

I'm 99.99% sure that's not true. Other than the new Hold feature applying friction brakes after you've come to a stop (or very very shortly before), the friction brakes are never used without touching the brake pedal. It doesn't blend in friction brakes to keep a consistent regen feel.

I'm 99.99% sure that's not true. Other than the new Hold feature applying friction brakes after you've come to a stop (or very very shortly before), the friction brakes are never used without touching the brake pedal. It doesn't blend in friction brakes to keep a consistent regen feel.

The Hold feature does apply friction brakes to slow down the car when Regen is limited. Just took a road trip requiring 100% charge. You can definitely hear the brake pedal clicking.

Sure without turning on HOLD mode it never blends in brakes but the reply I was quoting was specifically about hold mode.

The Hold feature does apply friction brakes to slow down the car when Regen is limited. Just took a road trip requiring 100% charge. You can definitely hear the brake pedal clicking.

Nope. It only applies the brakes once the car comes to a full stop, which is done by regen down to ~5mph then applying power in the opposite direction of the rotor's movement down to 0. If you listen carefully to the click it only happens when 0 mph (or km/h) appears on the screen.

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
Our AP2.5/MCU1 Model S got the update last night.

Don't get to excited. In it's current state, the feature is pretty limited and leaves a lot to be desired. You can't adjust the 6 am time. You can't turn off preconditioning. You can't indicate the days of the week (if any) that you want preconditioning. Chances are your car will charge and the battery will cool back down before departure, meaning reduced regen.

absolutely right you are, I played with it a bit and it’s a POS. Whoever comes up with how these features should work I swear don’t drive these cars. Sad.