Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.2.3 No Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone
2015 P85D just updated to 2019.40.2.3 two days ago. Ever since this update my autopilot stopped working. I get the green message bar on the dash saying autopilot unavailable. I never had this issue before this update. Autopilot has always worked perfect.
Can is clean and nothing on the radar sensor or camera. I have rebooted 3 or 4 times and makes no difference. Anyone else experience this issue with this software version?

On a side note is there any way to make the green message disappear until next time I start the car or put it in drive? I’m fine if it pops up for a minute to tell me when I initially start out but I don’t need it displayed for my entire drive.

When you park for the night, do you have anything running that would prevent the car from sleeping (sentry, TeslaFi with bad sleep settings, summon standby)? If yes, try turning it off and letting the car fall asleep, that should cause the AP computer to reboot. If that doesn’t help, then you’ll have to get Tesla to re-push the update to you to see if that allows the AP computer to update correctly. You can do that by scheduling an appointment via the app.

Reactions: cybergates
I've had something like this on my AP2 late-2016 S (but yours is AP1 so maybe not same) with sentry - reboots didn't help. I turned off sentry, allowing car to deep sleep overnight as posted by ilyak above and that fixed it the next day (with that particular issue auto headlights had stopped working too). Weird because this car doesn't actually have the real sentry where it saves clips on USB etc but sentry was enough to cause the issue by not allowing deep sleep overnight

Then again I had a similar error recently while at service with 2019.40.2.3 already installed - after service, autopilot was unavailable - reboots didn't help - they took it back and reset the cameras with a laptop and all is good. He told me that near airports sometimes an issue like this can occur due to RF interference. (this was in Palm Springs Tesla near the airport)

I haven’t been anywhere near any airports since the update. Several reboots makes no difference. Nothing that would keep the car from falling asleep. I will try a full power down on the weekend and see if that makes a difference. If that doesn’t work I will call my service centre and have them push the update again. Thanks for your replies.

well....I have a “no autopilot” notification and my auto headlights did not work......I have 40.2.1.......rebooted and got headlights to work....finally got autopilot going......but, with NOA, got the double blue lane lines, then it just went to one blue line in center...and car drove past exit off ramp and did not notify me to exit....

one other thing,,,,,I cannot get smart summons to work....backs out and stops....will not re-boot and start over....have to run to car in middle of parking lot to. make sure people could go past me....I am stumped on smart summons

I haven’t been anywhere near any airports since the update. Several reboots makes no difference. Nothing that would keep the car from falling asleep. I will try a full power down on the weekend and see if that makes a difference. If that doesn’t work I will call my service centre and have them push the update again. Thanks for your replies.

Make sure sentry is turned completely off for a day or so

They destroyed AP anyway with the idiotic 15 sec nagging to tug the wheel randomly.

I do start to understand that mounting dangerous and stupid stuff like weights, water bottles and phones is the way Tesla and the corrupt EU wants us to go.