Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.40.2 Canadian Release Notes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed that my 2019.40.2 release notes are different from our American brothers:

89PsEpa.jpg

To my best knowledge, all stop signs in France say "stop".
In New Brunswick, Canada you may even have both languages on the same stop sign in case somebody gets confused and think it neans go ;-)

Last time I was in France I noticed the "STOP' signs said ... "stop". (I have a pic of one in front of the fairy-tale chateau called "Cinderella's castle".)

FYI, this is the reason why:

Vienna Convention on Road Signs and Signals - Wikipedia

Just got 2019.40.2.1 last night and I'm just outside of Montreal.

I can confirm that there is no stop sign and stop light warning in the release note and I tried, it doesn't work.
We are also missing the adjacent lane speed matching.

I come from 2019.36.2.4 and the only 3 improvements I see in the release notes (SR+) are:

- Improved supercharging speed to 170kW
- Automatic Lane Change Improvements
- Automatic Wiper Improvements

All changes are welcome, the automatic lane change improvements feel like the largest improvement to FSD since V10 introduction.
I would also like to note that my Spotify instability issues have pretty much disappeared since 2019.36.2.1.
Looking forward to testing the new automatic wiper function and increased charging speeds, this update brings a lot of real-world "everyday life" value to the overall experience.

Reactions: Falkirk
Just got 2019.40.2.1 last night and I'm just outside of Montreal.

I can confirm that there is no stop sign and stop light warning in the release note and I tried, it doesn't work.
We are also missing the adjacent lane speed matching.

From what I'm understanding, it's probably a good thing we don't have adjacent lane speed matching. I'm hearing stories where the car will slow down in the exiting lane speed (that is, first lane slow down even if it's clear ahead). Needs more work from the sounds of it.

I guess this means FSD won't be here until 2020 at the earliest either...not surprised.