Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 deliveries get free AP/FSD upgrade, 2018 deliveries get nothing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you, Zaxxon! Do you happen to have a link - I'd like to save it, just in case Tesla changes their mind ;)

I apologise, there's been so much chatter over the past two days that I don't have a link handy. But to be clear, you bought EAP. The new product is just AP, and its limitations do not apply to the version you bought.

Thank you, guys! All I needed to know is that EAP will not be downgraded, happy with what I have right now.

And on the entire discussion about price cuts, having paid at max price (both RWD LR and P3D-) stings a little, but is more than counterbalanced by driving awesome cars for the last 1 year. Since we plan to keep the car long term, it does not matter too much to us. Now let's see if the refresh model S makes it before I have to decide on my Taycan deposit...

Reactions: rickjames
since i payed 5k for EAP and the entire package is now 5K had i gotten nothing they really should just upgrade us for free since the majority of functions were offered in EAP. the 2k upgrade fee wouldn't be so bad but if the whole package is available for what we paid we should be able to get it. At most they could just charge us cost for the AP3 Hardware.

People who bought neither may need to wait per the blog post.

Same appears to apply to EAP owners and the new $2K discounted FSD price mentioned by Elon on Twitter.

I'm not really interested in purchasing either. Just answering the question.

I'm going to ask for TACC+Lane Keep free though. As a result of this awkward price drop business.

I'm certain I'm going to have my request denied. But I'm going to ask anyways. It's absolutely worth it considering I can't even count the months of my ownership on 1 hand.

since i payed 5k for EAP and the entire package is now 5K had i gotten nothing they really should just upgrade us for free since the majority of functions were offered in EAP. the 2k upgrade fee wouldn't be so bad but if the whole package is available for what we paid we should be able to get it. At most they could just charge us cost for the AP3 Hardware.
The entire package is $8k if you buy a new car today. I sure understand what you are saying but those who haven’t bought EAP did not get to use/enjoy it since delivery. How many months or miles have you used it? If you want Tesla to honor the same price as someone who didn’t use EAP, can you retroactively un-use your EAP features first before we discuss further?

Reactions: eloder
I don't understand. Is what I'm hearing anyone who took delivery in 2019 and didn't buy any autopilot get AP for free? The 2k price adjustment was meant to cover the loss of tax credit. The other $1750 is just a penalty for being slow.

I understand if people who paid 5k for EAP get FSD for free, as the updated pricing next month will be 5k for both. (And anyone who bought FSD and EAP for 8k gets to join early access).

But why the **** would people that didn't buy any autopilot at all get an update? Nobody is even outraged about not having it. They chose not to buy it! If anything they are winning because they only pay 5k total next month! It's totally random.

Correction after reading the entire thread: OP was incorrect in stating owners who didn't buy any autopilot in 2019 get it for free.

Owners in 2019 will only get FSD for free if they purchased EAP (at 5k), which does make some sense. Anyone before that gets invitations to early access program. Starting sometime later FSD will be 2k + 3k.

Reactions: steve in socal
Correction after reading the entire thread: OP was incorrect in stating owners who didn't buy any autopilot in 2019 get it for free.

Owners in 2019 will only get FSD for free if they purchased EAP (at 5k), which does make some sense. Anyone before that gets invitations to early access program. Starting sometime later FSD will be 2k + 3k.

This thing about 2019 buyers of EAP getting FSD for free has not been confirmed by Tesla central or Elon. Some users have reported that some Telsa reps told them that. Most Tesla reps are generally clueless. We need to see official confirmation of this, or I wouldn't assume it's true.

This thing about 2019 buyers of EAP getting FSD for free has not been confirmed by Tesla central or Elon. Some users have reported that some Telsa reps told them that. Most Tesla reps are generally clueless. We need to see official confirmation of this, or I wouldn't assume it's true.

Yeah this should be treated as false until confirmed further.

As of today M3 owners with EAP are offered online pricing of $3k to get FSD

Yeah this should be treated as false until confirmed further.

As of today M3 owners with EAP are offered online pricing of $3k to get FSD

Tesla updated their blog post to reflect $2k pricing for EAP buyers. They added the parenthetical:
Any customer who bought a Tesla prior to this week’s price adjustment will be able to upgrade to Autopilot for $2,000 or Full Self-Driving capability for an additional $3,000 (those who previously purchased Enhanced Autopilot and want to upgrade to Full-Self Driving capability only pay $2,000)

Where is the thread for poor 2012-13 model year buyers to b*ch about not getting free stuff?

Those early buyers got guaranteed buy back price from Tesla. This is the same offer to the Chinese and Taiwanese buyers lastnight after they protested in stores. Tesla offered to purchase their cars back at 51% of what they paid for after 3 years if they chose to sell it back to them.

Not a great offer but it protects from further price drops devaluing their used cars. Still better to lease and only lose 40% after 3 years.

The entire package is $8k if you buy a new car today. I sure understand what you are saying but those who haven’t bought EAP did not get to use/enjoy it since delivery. How many months or miles have you used it? If you want Tesla to honor the same price as someone who didn’t use EAP, can you retroactively un-use your EAP features first before we discuss further?
About 3 months for me, unless you count the loaner @ with Ap1 for the first month, I'd gladly not use it for the next 3 months get get $2000-$3000 back :) It's a nice feature but it's not worth $1000 month.

Those early buyers got guaranteed buy back price from Tesla. This is the same offer to the Chinese and Taiwanese buyers lastnight after they protested in stores. Tesla offered to purchase their cars back at 51% of what they paid for after 3 years if they chose to sell it back to them.

Not a great offer but it protects from further price drops devaluing their used cars. Still better to lease and only lose 40% after 3 years.
Wouldn't that depend on how many miles you intend to put on your lease?