Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got this update on my Model S 100D (MCU1,HW2).
The release readme just says:
1) broken stalls info on superchargers pin in the map.
2) minor fixes.

The problem is with my pendrive: Up to previous version the car correctly read my pendrive (1k+ mp3s and FLACs) and played them all perfectly fine (including album arts, resume on entry, no un-necessary rescans, etc.)

Now, with 2020.12.5 the pendrive is NOT SHOWN anymore as available for music playing!
I already performed all the various resets, both with pendrive connected and disconnected, but nothing chages.
Now, when I connect the pendrive, the internal LED flashes for about 2 seconds, and then it turns off. The drive doesn't show on screen and the car obviously can't play any music out of it.

Any suggetsion?
TIA

Reactions: milleron
I re-formatted, no result. (the pendrive works perfectly on my PC)
I tried a different USB pendrive, no result. (also this one works perfectly on my PC)
I went through through the usual reset cycle, no result.
I obviously tried both pendrives in all 4 USB plugs (2 front, 2 backseats), no result.
The car is giving out power through the the 4 USB plugs (connecting a phone shows the battery re-charging), but there is no way to make it read the MP3 and FLAC files, and show the USB symbol on the screen.
Tomorrow I'll contact my mobile service.

I just got this update on my Model S 100D (MCU1,HW2).
The release readme just says:
1) broken stalls info on superchargers pin in the map.
2) minor fixes.

The problem is with my pendrive: Up to previous version the car correctly read my pendrive (1k+ mp3s and FLACs) and played them all perfectly fine (including album arts, resume on entry, no un-necessary rescans, etc.)

Now, with 2020.12.5 the pendrive is NOT SHOWN anymore as available for music playing!
I already performed all the various resets, both with pendrive connected and disconnected, but nothing chages.
Now, when I connect the pendrive, the internal LED flashes for about 2 seconds, and then it turns off. The drive doesn't show on screen and the car obviously can't play any music out of it.

Any suggetsion?
TIA
Same here, my USB stick is not recognised and not shown as available for playing music. It was working yesterday before this update (MCU1).

• Informative
Reactions: Gixx1300R and f205v
I tried a different USB pendrive, no result. (also this one works perfectly on my PC)
I obviously tried both pendrives in all 4 USB plugs (2 front, 2 backseats), no result.
The car is giving out power through the the 4 USB plugs (connecting a phone shows the battery re-charging), but there is no way to make it read the MP3 and FLAC files, and show the USB symbol on the screen.

Hi Gary,
>
> We wanted to follow up regarding the USB Drive Full issue that was reported. We are aware of this issue and are working on a fix. Unfortunately, we don't have a timeline for when the fix will be rolled out.
>
> Thank you for helping us accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
>
> Best Regards,
> Robbie
>
> Robbie M. | Advanced Tesla Support
> 12832 Frontrunner Blvd., Draper, UT 84020

Hi Gary,
>
> We wanted to follow up regarding the USB Drive Full issue that was reported. We are aware of this issue and are working on a fix. Unfortunately, we don't have a timeline for when the fix will be rolled out.
>
> Thank you for helping us accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.
>
> Best Regards,
> Robbie
>
> Robbie M. | Advanced Tesla Support
> 12832 Frontrunner Blvd., Draper, UT 84020
That sounds like a different issue ?

Reactions: Gt1948
Did you contact service regarding this issue ?

Did you contact service regarding this issue ?
Yes, I spoke with my mobile service guy early this morning.
He walked me through the same reset, test and check that I did by myself yesterday, with the same result: USB is not seen.
So he told me to schedule a Service Center appointment from the phone app; in this way the engineers at SC will perform a "remote checking" of my car.
Went to the app and scheduled an appointment under the "infotainment" section, now set for April 21st at Cham SC
Haven't heard back yet.

Got a few SMS messages from SC:
they went through the same reset, test,check as before, to no avail.
Then they asked me to take a "screenshot" in the car, by pressing and holding for 10 seconds on the car's icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen. I did it, a message about "thank you for your feedback" appeared on the IC. Then the SC downloaded the image (together with a few logs) from the car.
They will look at them and let me know later.

Then they asked me to take a "screenshot" in the car, by pressing and holding for 10 seconds on the car's icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen. I did it, a message about "thank you for your feedback" appeared on the IC.

That's the first I have ever heard of this feature. Wonder how long it has been there. I knew they could access logs, but didn't know about capturing a "screenshot" and wonder how this is different.

Got a few SMS messages from SC:
they went through the same reset, test,check as before, to no avail.
Then they asked me to take a "screenshot" in the car, by pressing and holding for 10 seconds on the car's icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen. I did it, a message about "thank you for your feedback" appeared on the IC. Then the SC downloaded the image (together with a few logs) from the car.
They will look at them and let me know later.
Looks like they still think it’s a problem with your car, rather than the update. You would think they would have an MCU1 car to test it on.

Well, since the title IS 2020.12.5 thought I'd say something about it? I have been patiently awaiting being able to view Teslacam videos and sentry cam events on the main screen and am delighted to see it come to fruition. Now, the creme de la creme to this would be the addition of a folder/directory manager (a la windows explorer) that would allow the creation/deletion/manipulation of folders used on the external SSD or jump drive utilized with Teslacam/Sentrycam and also the ability to delete and create new partitions and format them on said drives.

Well, since the title IS 2020.12.5 thought I'd say something about it? I have been patiently awaiting being able to view Teslacam videos and sentry cam events on the main screen and am delighted to see it come to fruition. Now, the creme de la creme to this would be the addition of a folder/directory manager (a la windows explorer) that would allow the creation/deletion/manipulation of folders used on the external SSD or jump drive utilized with Teslacam/Sentrycam and also the ability to delete and create new partitions and format them on said drives.

Actually, you do have a complete access to file management. In the lower right you can delete the videos from an event. In the upper left there is a menu selection to access the videos in their respective folders. Other than trimming or video editing, I don't see that there is much else to do.

BTW- I am recording to an 120GB SSD with a USB 2.0 adapter. I have the drive partitioned using a computer and windows Computer manager then I formatted using a 3rd party FAT32 formatting Utility. I have a 20GB partition for USB Music MP3 files and a 100GB TeslaCam partition for Sentry videos.

The bad news is I am experiencing a bug in the recording of events. Note this was just one test and review so there may be something I'm not doing right but here is what I observed this morning:

Did a test with the new software on sentry and it seems to record lots of video leading up to an event and then ends right at the beginning of an event, failing to record the whole event.

eg. I was in a public parking lot and sentry recorded 10'30" leading up to a car that pulled in right beside my Tesla. The driver was just getting out when the sentry stopped recording at 10'49" No way to identify the other driver. I need to do some more experimenting with this to determine if it is some hidden setting or a bug in the motion sensing. There really wasn't anything moving to trigger the recorded file for the first 10 minutes.

I got the 12.5 update last evening and installed it.

Got another SMS:
--
bla bla, COVID, bla bla, reduced working, bla bla remote diagnosis can take a few days, bla bla.
--
I SMSed back: "re-stage the f****ng update".

SC re-staged version 2020.12.5, I removed all USB devices from their plugs and re-installed it.
Half an hour later update was completed, I re-inserted the USD pendrive, had a quick flash of the LED on pendrive, and after that nothing else.
The car still doesn't see the USB pendrive.