Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m on hw2.5 mcu1. These recent updates not benefits me at all. AP is worse than before. I paid for FSD but not sure how they prioritize the hw retrofit? Does anyone know? Seems to be bogus to me as I’m really frustrated.
Put in a service request online. The majority of upgrades have been the customer reaching out to the SC, rather than the other away around (myself included).

I found that the vehicle does a much better job of smoothly stopping (at stop signs and traffic lights) than the previous version. Previously, my vehicle would do a very abrupt stop, to the point that I stopped using it and cancelled cruise before the next stop sign. The function was slightly better on traffic lights than stop signs (on the previous version).
The new version is far better on both traffic lights and stop signs, but most improved on stop signs.

I’m on hw2.5 mcu1. These recent updates not benefits me at all. AP is worse than before. I paid for FSD but not sure how they prioritize the hw retrofit? Does anyone know? Seems to be bogus to me as I’m really frustrated.

same boat, just got my FSD computer retrofit schedule for June 2 with completed invoice (computer only no MCU1 upgrade).

How did you schedule the MCU upgrade. Do you have to wait for Tesla to offer it to you?

I just setup a service appointment at the SC via the app and included a screen copy of the Tesla page that showed my car was part of the 'scheduling now' group. They confirmed the appointment and sent an email with proposed cost which I was asked to approve (and did). It was supposed to be done yesterday but one part did not arrive (was on its way but missed arrival date) so it is now set for 6/2.

Anyone noticed a change in the frequency the vehicle charges? I installed 2020.16.2.1 on Wednesday and immediately noticed charging notification via TeslaFi almost hourly. Start and end charges are both showing 80%, so looks like it's now keeping it topped off? Prior to 2020.16.2.1, it would charge on average once every other day if I haven't driven it at all (when the charge would drop to 77% or 76%).

2020 MXLR (Oct 2019 Build)

Has anyone else experienced a loss of switched power to their radar detector or any other accessories powered by the switched power source terminal that's populated by the driver's left foot area after this update? I have had my radar detector installed for the last 10,000 miles and it worked flawlessly until this update.

• Funny
Reactions: WarpedOne
I found that the vehicle does a much better job of smoothly stopping (at stop signs and traffic lights) than the previous version. Previously, my vehicle would do a very abrupt stop, to the point that I stopped using it and cancelled cruise before the next stop sign. The function was slightly better on traffic lights than stop signs (on the previous version).
The new version is far better on both traffic lights and stop signs, but most improved on stop signs.

Hooray !!

Has anyone else experienced a loss of switched power to their radar detector or any other accessories powered by the switched power source terminal that's populated by the driver's left foot area after this update? I have had my radar detector installed for the last 10,000 miles and it worked flawlessly until this update.
Radar detectors are worthless... what you need is a laser jammer

• Disagree
Reactions: Led Jetson