Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the 2020.16.2.1 and the same problem as others reported: my SSD is no longer recognized. :(
It's a 500 GB Samsung T5 with two FAT32 partitions: one for music, one for TeslaCam. Neither one is recognized by the car.
It worked fine in 2020.12.11.5 and is still readable on a computer, and is error-checked.
I will experiment with various formats over the weekend.

Last edited:
im using a 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe solid state Drive with two partitions for sentry and music. car still ID's both after update. i will format the drive in the car to see if it deletes the music partition and just makes it one big sentry drive...

Updated last night to 2020.16.2.1
Wanted to find out if this fixed sentry mode but found this thread and thought I'd check if my storage is still working.
I'm using a Samsung T5 500GB SSD with 2 partitions (one for music, one for dashcam/sentry).
Music still plays and the dashcam is still functional. Haven't tested sentry yet.

My Model 3 keeps switching the Dome and Ambient lights to off. I'll set the done lights to Auto and Ambient Lights highlighted, and then it will go back to off. Not sure if it's this release or something else, but nothing seems to keep them on. I've done resets to no avail. Anyone else having this issue?
On another thread someone pointed out that when you go into theater mode, the lights get turned off. Seems like a bug. Did you go into theater mode?

Anyone noticed a change in the frequency the vehicle charges? I installed 2020.16.2.1 on Wednesday and immediately noticed charging notification via TeslaFi almost hourly. Start and end charges are both showing 80%, so looks like it's now keeping it topped off? Prior to 2020.16.2.1, it would charge on average once every other day if I haven't driven it at all (when the charge would drop to 77% or 76%).

2020 MXLR (Oct 2019 Build)
I did notice that I now am getting several 'Charging Interrupted Faults' per day.
We had a 2015 prior to this 2020 car and never experienced those faults before.
I mention this because we have had the car since March and it is a new charger unit, so why now?

I did notice that I now am getting several 'Charging Interrupted Faults' per day.
We had a 2015 prior to this 2020 car and never experienced those faults before.
I mention this because we have had the car since March and it is a new charger unit, so why now?
Update:
I went thru my charging settings and it had changed to 40 amp
Reduced it back to 30 amp and all is good now

Update:
I went thru my charging settings and it had changed to 40 amp
Reduced it back to 30 amp and all is good now
That means your Wall Connector is probably not configured correctly. You may need to adjust its configuration. For example, if you have a 40A circuit, the Wall Connector needs to be set to 32A max per Tesla’s instructions. You shouldn’t have to limit the charging rate inside the car.

Reactions: Richard34212
That means your Wall Connector is probably not configured correctly. You may need to adjust its configuration. For example, if you have a 40A circuit, the Wall Connector needs to be set to 32A max per Tesla’s instructions. You shouldn’t have to limit the charging rate inside the car.
I am using the mobile charger and I wasn't aware you could change the settings.
It has worked fine for two months and only after the 20.16.12 Firmware did I start getting these faults.
Checked for high temps and corrosion on the terminals but all looks good.
Will buy an amp probe to check for an imbalance, outside of that, I guess I need a pro

With the Mobile Connector, the max current is determined by the type of adapter you select, plus it is capped by the Mobile Connector itself: Gen1 - 40A, Gen2 - 32A.
Gen 1 chargers with a 100 amp service will charge older Model S with dual chargers up to 80 amps.

Newer Model S can be charged up to 72 amps with the Gen 1 charger. I had a 2015 with dual chargers and now have a 2016 with the 72 amp charge capability.