Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.24.6.4 !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope they fixed the terrible bluetooth connectivity issues. always requires me to manually reconnect my ipod touch that sits in the console. been problematic now for the last 3 updates. also sentry mode and dashcam videos aren't working right with Samsung T5 SSD

• Helpful
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Both my 3 & Y still stuck on 2020.20.12

Update:
Shizzzz getting 2020.20.17 now on the Y...

Downloading 2020.20.17 on the model 3 now

Nothing new compared to the previous update, could be a step before 2020.24.6 but who knows.

Fred

Last edited:
Reactions: tren01t
It just happened to me tonight. Will be sending in a service request. I have the 2020 M3 SR+ with no other options.

This is how staged rollouts work. There is nothing wrong with your car. Please don't waste the time of your local Tesla Service Center.

FYI, I also just downloaded 2020.20.17 two hours ago on my 2018 Model 3 LR AWD.

Last edited:
This is all beside the point as the op of the neutral comment said he did this on "gentle downhills," so he would not need regen.
Here is my elevation graph of my trip. As you can see there were several gentle downhills in that.
drive2.PNG

Reactions: doghousePVD
They need to just allow you to select whichever version of software you want from a drop-down selection on the software update screen in-car and browse the changelog and install instead of 'staging updates'. They also need to start delivering updates via LTE again at least for those who purchased 'premium connectivity' which I noticed they just dropped from the 'upgrades' page in app. Guess their plan is to hope you forget you were promised the premium connectivity features for life if you purchased your car before the cut-off date on that feature.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: M109Rider
They need to just allow you to select whichever version of software you want from a drop-down selection on the software update screen in-car and browse the changelog and install instead of 'staging updates'. They also need to start delivering updates via LTE again at least for those who purchased 'premium connectivity' which I noticed they just dropped from the 'upgrades' page in app. Guess their plan is to hope you forget you were promised the premium connectivity features for life if you purchased your car before the cut-off date on that feature.

I have no interest in downloading an update over cell signal. Holy crap that’d take forever in my area. AT&T isn’t great everywhere and home wifi will download faster anyways. I’ve never installed an update while out and about because sometimes they take 20mins and other times it’s over an hour. Nope not chancing getting home on time for an update

Yawn, Emergency updates are sent out via LTE when necessary. Why should Tesla waste cellular bandwidth on getting you a new version of stardust valley?
Let's see. 730,000 cars X 800mb update. That's 556 Terrabytes of data per update.
Navigation updates are even worse. 730,000 cars x 2GB update. 1,425 TB of data.
I think it's a prudent cost saving measure to not send every update over LTE.

Here is my elevation graph of my trip. As you can see there were several gentle downhills in that.
View attachment 561484
Right. Where the gentle downhills occur there is no regen (negative kw). You need about a 4% grade at 70 to 75 mph for regen to kick in. Anything less than 4% just reduces the amount of power needed from the motors to maintain that speed.

Reactions: Atari2600
Yawn, Emergency updates are sent out via LTE when necessary. Why should Tesla waste cellular bandwidth on getting you a new version of stardust valley?
Let's see. 730,000 cars X 800mb update. That's 556 Terrabytes of data per update.
Navigation updates are even worse. 730,000 cars x 2GB update. 1,425 TB of data.
I think it's a prudent cost saving measure to not send every update over LTE.

I'm not interested in prudent cost savings when it was an advertised feature when I bought the car. I have no access to wifi in my condo parking structure yet LTE reaches just fine. I bought into 'premium connectivity' when it was the feature that brought me updates and they slowly just silently stripped it away and kept telling me i needed to somehow just get wifi in my garage. Bunch of pretentious asses if you ask me.

I have no interest in downloading an update over cell signal. Holy crap that’d take forever in my area. AT&T isn’t great everywhere and home wifi will download faster anyways. I’ve never installed an update while out and about because sometimes they take 20mins and other times it’s over an hour. Nope not chancing getting home on time for an update
Obviously YMMV. That said I use my iPhone hotspot (T-Mobile) to download whenever I am disinclined to camp beside somewhere with a good wi-fi choice since I cannot have wi-fi in my communal garage. My downloads have usually been quite fast. 2020-The subject update 24.6.4 took me roughly 10 minutes to download and about the same time to install. I left the hotspot on during the installation although that probably really wasn't necessary.

IME using hotspots in numerous situations is that if you have a strong cellular signal and a decent phone the speed and reliability usually is very good. Without question that was not true two years ago. For anybody who has a 5G mobile device, even the poorest 5G will be almost as fast as most traditional wifi. I have zero personal 5G experience but plan to do so with my next phone upgrade.

Reactions: jroydog and groovyd
My car updated to this release this morning, and I'm on a road trip.
One new behavior that is slightly annoying to me is as follows:

Sometimes, while driving on the highway, if I'm on a gentle downhill, I put the car in neutral to coast without losing speed.
Once the road flattens out again, I put the car back in Drive and engage TACC and/or AP.

Previously, TACC and AP were available as soon as I went from Neural to Drive.
With this update, it takes at least 10 seconds of driving for the speed limits and steering wheel icons to show up.
In the meantime, I can't engage TACC or AP - pulling down on the stake repeatedly does nothing.

That is so dangerous. Also how is not regening more "efficient" than regen power in to your batteries.