Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.28.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting, as 2020.24.6.9 is hitting the airwaves today as well (just got that update from .24.6.2). A/B testing perhaps?

Do the release notes for .28.2 indicate anything new over .24.6.x?

I havent checked my release notes yet, but I went from 2020.24.6.4 to 2020.28.2. I noticed some people are getting 24.6.9, so I dont know how they are choosing who gets what. My car is a 2018 Model 3P with HW3 and FSD, and I am not on teslafi / stats or any other tracking, so it wont show up there.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
I havent checked my release notes yet, but I went from 2020.24.6.4 to 2020.28.2. I noticed some people are getting 24.6.9, so I dont know how they are choosing who gets what. My car is a 2018 Model 3P with HW3 and FSD, and I am not on teslafi / stats or any other tracking, so it wont show up there.

Here is a screenshot of the release notes from my 28.2 update last night. The items in the screenshot appear to be the differences (mentioned by tesla at least) between 24.6.4 that I had, and 28.2 (everything under "previous release notes" is the same / refers to 24.6.4)
IMG_0378.jpg

AP to 5mph over? I could set AP to any speed always since I got the cars. August & November '19.
For driving with traffic light and stop sign control with AP3 hardware, drivers were unable to set speed above the speed limit. Now the speed can be set 5 mph over the speed limit with traffic light and stop sign control enabled.

For driving with traffic light and stop sign control with AP3 hardware, drivers were unable to set speed above the speed limit. Now the speed can be set 5 mph over the speed limit with traffic light and stop sign control enabled.
You're both right.
On a divided highway, you can set AP to anything <=90mph. Everywhere else you're either limited to the speed limit, or speed limit+5 depending on AP options and software version.
TACC can be set to anything <=90mph. Doesn't matter where you are.

• Informative
Reactions: anti and Fousthvk
Haven't checked the release notes yet, but I read elsewhere AP is back to allowing 5 over the speed limit while using the stop light / sign feature. Other autopilot safety features were rumored to have been improved. I'll do some tests tomorrow.

Yup, residential speed limits 5mph over speed limit and added Polish language option. Just finished.

I did notice Fallout Shelter was also updating in the games menu. So I decided to play it. After about 10 min it did its usual freeze and A/C blasted on high, then it didn't unfreeze, it crashed the main computer.

Awesome.

It finally restarted and the same thing happened again, in 5 min.... Apparently Tesla didn't like how fuked up it was before, so they did a quick update so it crashes harder each time. Brilliant.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: ra88it and McFlurri