Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.36 - Complete Reset With Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed 2020.36 (from 2020.32.1) - The app reported a successful upgrade. Then I noticed mobile data was off.

The car did a full factory reset. Every setting gone. Spotify, Autopilot, driver profiles, homelink, bluetooth. All settings gone.

I have not driven it yet, but it appears fine inside, just reset. Posting in case others have this and with the garage lost, its good to know early. Oh, it did manage to keep the wifi....

FWIW. MCU1/AP3 MS. Release notes do imply it will see speed signs and the green light tone.

Updating this morning.

I do have a question about this update. I've had speed limit sign recognition for most of the summer, and in AP + FSD when the speed limit changes on the highway, my AP will also adjust to the new speed limit. I don't understand why this update is supposed to introduce speed limit signs. What am I missing?

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
What am I missing?
What you saw as speed limit sign recognition was really speed limits based on the maps using GPS coordinates. It correctly did the speed limits most of the time, but if it wasn't on the map, you could easily end up driving too fast or too slow for the actual posted speed limit.
This update reads the speed limit signs through the camera and NN system versus relying on potentially outdated maps.

Reactions: drklain
Just installed 2020.36 (from 2020.32.1) - The app reported a successful upgrade. Then I noticed mobile data was off.

The car did a full factory reset. Every setting gone. Spotify, Autopilot, driver profiles, homelink, bluetooth. All settings gone.

I have not driven it yet, but it appears fine inside, just reset. Posting in case others have this and with the garage lost, its good to know early. Oh, it did manage to keep the wifi....

FWIW. MCU1/AP3 MS. Release notes do imply it will see speed signs and the green light tone.

I suppose you had to reset the pin again? Imagine if someone stole it right after the update.

Thanks. Do you know if it will detect and correct hazard speed warnings, such as "Dangerous curve 15mph" ? I haven't been out since the update. These are usually Yellow and black
I haven't gotten the update yet, so I have no clue. It would be nice if it could do both the yellow hazard and construction speed limits.
Consider yourself one of the lucky few who received the first batch of updates.