Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had great luck with text message read out, and voice to text reply. I love it, and I'm surprised how well it works
MCU1 car here, I too like how it works except yesterday there was a delay of at least 20 seconds before it started reading the message out after I said to. I initially thought I pressed the wrong button and cancelled it. Then the MCU appeared to freeze because I could not adjust the volume of the voice, problem with that was the text contained a http address so I got to hear all that as well :rolleyes:

A close friend of mine (MS owner) called me yesterday asking me if my owners manual was accessible. I was finally able to check on mine and found that I could drill down through the tabs but there is no content in any of them. This question my have surfaced here before but I may have missed it. Has anyone else seen this ,and if so, how did you fix it or is this a “wait for the next FW fix” item. I have rebooted but still have nothing.
I can only see it when connected to WiFi. 2017 MCU 1

MCU1 car here, I too like how it works except yesterday there was a delay of at least 20 seconds before it started reading the message out after I said to. I initially thought I pressed the wrong button and cancelled it. Then the MCU appeared to freeze because I could not adjust the volume of the voice, problem with that was the text contained a http address so I got to hear all that as well :rolleyes:
How do you cancel the readout? That sounds great to me!

Our Raven S is still on 2019.40.50.7. I was switching to the 2.4 Ghz WiFi network over the weekend for stronger signal and noticed the car immediately started downloading 2020.4.1. I didn't want to sit there the entire time so I got out of the car and then the download stopped and never finished. Multiple reboots, Wifi reconnects, and even tethering to my phone's mobile hotspot wouldn't trigger the download to resume.

I finally submitted a service appt through the app for this Wednesday and asked to have the cache cleared so the download could restart. Unexpectedly, I got a "software update" available this morning while I was driving. However, the download was for 2019.40.50.7...I'm already on that version. I let it download and reinstall anyways.

My question is, does this mean my previous 2019.40.50.7 update didn't complete successfully (even though it said it did)? Could that be why I'm among the last 5% still on 2019.x.x.x (according to TeslaFi numbers)?

Our Raven S is still on 2019.40.50.7. I was switching to the 2.4 Ghz WiFi network over the weekend for stronger signal and noticed the car immediately started downloading 2020.4.1. I didn't want to sit there the entire time so I got out of the car and then the download stopped and never finished. Multiple reboots, Wifi reconnects, and even tethering to my phone's mobile hotspot wouldn't trigger the download to resume.

I finally submitted a service appt through the app for this Wednesday and asked to have the cache cleared so the download could restart. Unexpectedly, I got a "software update" available this morning while I was driving. However, the download was for 2019.40.50.7...I'm already on that version. I let it download and reinstall anyways.

My question is, does this mean my previous 2019.40.50.7 update didn't complete successfully (even though it said it did)? Could that be why I'm among the last 5% still on 2019.x.x.x (according to TeslaFi numbers)?
mmmm.......my Raven was mfg’d on 17 Jan 20.......delivered 30 Jan with 2019.35.105.....it is now 24 Feb 20 and I am still on that version......Tesla says I have the latest update.....makes me wonder if I have the correct hardware or something new that Tesla wants to update with maybe the “plus” battery upgrade....who knows....but I just cant believe we have not gotten the new updates yet

The voice recognition works very well if you just push the mic button and release to talk, instead of holding it down. I got all sorts of things to work - even saying "driver's ass is cold" turned on my seat heater (I learned that one from my model 3, lol)

I got pushed onto this from 2018.50.6. I used to press the mic button, talk, then press the mic button again when it recognized my command. Now, I press the mic button, talk, it recognizes my command, but if I push the mic button again, it starts over, listening for a command. If I don't press the mic button a second time, it just times out. So, it's basically not working at all now.

2020.4.1 said, "improved voice commands" WRONG, Call home, gets navigate home if I'm lucky most of the time its nearest Home depot. "gets Backgammon" Wrong, lost my arcade icon all together. I sure hope 2020.4.2 comes out soon! 2016 90D