Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.48.26 Did you get Boombox?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No speaker for me. Or at least not active. I haven't actually gone to look, but low speed is quiet. My understandng is that the feds required it by Sep 2020 but extended the deadline again. I've read that Sep builds forward have it. I don't with an 8/23 VIN 368xx.

Same problem for me - build 29XXX - picked up end June....any ideas if its possible to get the speaker added / enabled ?

EDITED

Check out this video First Pedestrian Noisemaker in a Tesla Model Y? [VIDEO] - TeslaNorth.com

Looks like the Y made up until September have the wiring but not the physical speaker....if anybody makes a call to Tesla please let us know here if its possible to order the part?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: XAEAXII
I have a May build and it did not have Boombox. No Snake Jazz for me. :(
Same problem for me - build 29XXX - picked up end June....any ideas if its possible to get the speaker added / enabled ?

EDITED

Check out this video First Pedestrian Noisemaker in a Tesla Model Y? [VIDEO] - TeslaNorth.com

Looks like the Y made up until September have the wiring but not the physical speaker....if anybody makes a call to Tesla please let us know here if its possible to order the part?

I'd probably go for it for free although I'm thinking I really like the initial quiet before the tire/road noise kicks in. I guess I can always disconnect it. I've got a couple delivery issues I never took care of. I haven't done a service appt yet. Too lazy I guess and there is really just one issue that is kind of a must.

Reactions: morinma
I’ve been debating this... my MY has the speaker, bur liter after I backed it into my driveway off the truck delivering it, I added the isolation kit to disable it...

Does the low speed sound and reverse sounds override custom sounds? Because if they don’t, then you could play around with it when you wanted and then switch to your custom sound which is just a mp3 with dead silence and it would essentially play “nothing” and be in stealth mode. Then when you want snake jazz or something else you could just switch back to the defaults or another custom track...

I’ve been debating this... my MY has the speaker, bur liter after I backed it into my driveway off the truck delivering it, I added the isolation kit to disable it...

Does the low speed sound and reverse sounds override custom sounds? Because if they don’t, then you could play around with it when you wanted and then switch to your custom sound which is just a mp3 with dead silence and it would essentially play “nothing” and be in stealth mode. Then when you want snake jazz or something else you could just switch back to the defaults or another custom track...

Afaik, it overlays rather than replacing it.