Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OP here. So I just checked the release notes. The update includes Improved Bluetooth connection and Improved Voice command. Again, I have AP2.5, MCU1 w/ FSD 2017 Model S. What do other Model S see in their release notes?

I was hoping 2020.8.1 would offer "improved regen" for my 2016 S but it doesn't. It's only improved voice commands and change when Bluetooth is engaged. I'd like to see the S slow all the way down to a stop - blending mechanical breaks under 8 mph as needed. Having to touch the break, just slightly, at each red light is _sooooo_ annoying (j/k!)
my regeneration on a 2020 MS is much better now after upgrade fro 2019.35.105....hoping for range upgrade but no dice

I got 2020.8.1 last night too. Today my TeslaCam is stopping after an hour of recording and erroring saying my 64GB USB is full. My USB has 50GB free. I think it is having issues rotating out old videos or something.

I agree. I really wish for pre-Raven cars, they would implement drive to zero even when Creep is enabled when reducing speed after achieving 20mph pr more.

Creep can resume when you press the accelerator.

Driving a 2017 X loaner, it really caught me off guard when I stopped going uphill without pressing the brake and started rolling backwards.

That's the point. It goes only when you tell it. Otherwise elect for creep mode.
But with MS Raven one pedal, once to come to a stop, the brakes are applied automatically until you pull away. That's why it caught me by surprise when the MX 2017 didn't. Can't see why earlier cars can't apply brake as they come to a stop.

I guess as I never use Creep I have missed something in @PhilDavid 's post.

Last edited:
So these voice command improvements, are they improvements from how it worked flawlessly prior to two updates ago or improvements from how it doesn’t work at all now?

I had a service tech take a drive with me to find a problem (and like any typical car, it wouldn’t recreate the problem in presence of a tech) and he asked me if I knew about using bug report. I wanted to see what he would say so I told him I wasn’t aware of it. He then tried to demonstrate using the voice commands and that part wouldn’t work. Just to confuse him I asked how to report the bug with the voice commands when voice commands didn’t work.:D

So these voice command improvements, are they improvements from how it worked flawlessly prior to two updates ago or improvements from how it doesn’t work at all now?

I had a service tech take a drive with me to find a problem (and like any typical car, it wouldn’t recreate the problem in presence of a tech) and he asked me if I knew about using bug report. I wanted to see what he would say so I told him I wasn’t aware of it. He then tried to demonstrate using the voice commands and that part wouldn’t work. Just to confuse him I asked how to report the bug with the voice commands when voice commands didn’t work.:D
I strongly believe first rounds of issues were mainly server related.

Also, there are differences in current version operation between models / versions. A 2017 X I just borrowed was Click to start, click to stop. My MS Raven is just one click.

For past few weeks voice commands were pretty reliable. Since 8.1 they seem even faster and very accurate.

I strongly believe first rounds of issues were mainly server related.

Also, there are differences in current version operation between models / versions. A 2017 X I just borrowed was Click to start, click to stop. My MS Raven is just one click.

For past few weeks voice commands were pretty reliable. Since 8.1 they seem even faster and very accurate.
Thanks, hopefully they will work again once I update the software. Mine is a 2017 S and back in the good old days when voice commands worked it was push to start and push to stop.