Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And there she is...
upload_2020-11-8_13-35-47.png

Random thought, is America is going to have to wait longer than Europe to receive the first batch of refreshed M3’s if their coming from Shanghai?

I guess Europe must have a much larger market than the US for Tesla to justify those kind of logistics at the moment

A better view of a mule in action.

@MrMiserable, do you have more information regarding the mule, typically the power ? Do I understand correctly that their purpose is just to maintain the boat in the middle of the channel, or do they also have a role to help them to move or is it only with the motor of the boat ?

Thanks,
Fly
PS: also there were an unanswered question regarding the quantity of fuel in such a boat...

@MrMiserable, do you have more information regarding the mule, typically the power ? Do I understand correctly that their purpose is just to maintain the boat in the middle of the channel, or do they also have a role to help them to move or is it only with the motor of the boat ?

Thanks,
Fly
PS: also there were an unanswered question regarding the quantity of fuel in such a boat...
I don't know but the answer is months and months worth.
When the HOEGH OSAKA had its accident in the Solent it had 550 tons of fuel onboard.

Last edited:
Some more pictures of mules, their track and the steep inclines they must traverse.
Thank you for the pictures which show how big and powerful they really are.
It has been a fantastic and educational experience to purchase a Tesla M3. Watching the journey from San Francisco to Europe has been really interesting especially with the comments, information and pictures supplied by Mr. Miserable.
Think my car might be on Grand Aurora so one more journey to follow.
Thank you very much.

Reactions: Mr. Impatient