Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
22 knots is not what I would call mild wind. If it docks tomorrow afternoon, there's still no clear evidence that the payment explanation is correct though. Winds seem to be abating tonight and tomorrow morning, so a possible move to port could be due to that as well.
Not trying to trying to stur negativity. I was simply made aware of this speculation while on Twitter, and wanted to share my retort.

You could be absolutely correct however have any other vessels been delayed by this weather? Was the PROMETHEUS LEADER delayed? What about the OCEANUS LEADER? Let's watch the TULANE (a bigger ship than GRAND MARK) make its approach into Zeebrugge now.
IMHO the GRAND MARK delay has nothing to do with the weather.

You could be absolutely correct however have any other vessels been delayed by this weather? Was the PROMETHEUS LEADER delayed? What about the OCEANUS LEADER? Let's watch the TULANE (a bigger ship than GRAND MARK) make its approach into Zeebrugge now.
IMHO the GRAND MARK delay has nothing to do with the weather.
True, those other ships did arrive at the same time Grand Mark should have.
My previous point forwarded from my port of Zeebrugge source still stands though, that port operations and handling capacity are usually limited when there's high winds (we can discuss whether current levels in our opinions, qualifies as high winds, but we don't know whether that's the view of ICO and port of authorities), and thus some ships might be received and other delayed. My own two cents on top of the wind argument, is that the ships, both Challenge and Mark, were purposely delayed by ICO, due to handling capacity constraints at their facilities. It was stated, prior to European shipments of Model 3 started, that they could only process 3,000 Tesla cars/week. On schedule Challenge would have arrived much less than a week after Cosmos and likewise with Mark and Challenge (5 days scheduled gap)
Is your speculation about the missing payments, based on something? I'm getting a little curious.

≡ L ͧ ⷭ W ⷶ ͭ ͤ ͬ ᷝ ͦ ͭ≡ on Twitter
ICO verwacht 3.000 Tesla's per week in Zeebrugge

Just posted my source at ICO at the port:
"Like explaned last weeks, during the 3 (yes already 3) weekends of storms at the Belgium coast there are only vessels going to the end of the port (where the carterminals are located and only at the right side (the opposite site of the "normal" Tesla Quays) to load and unload ;-)"

Seems like limited capacity could play a factor here, and explain why the other ships were allowed in and not Grand Mark, likely because it was booked at one of the non-operational quays.

Reactions: Flatchat
Just posted my source at ICO at the port:
"Like explaned last weeks, during the 3 (yes already 3) weekends of storms at the Belgium coast there are only vessels going to the end of the port (where the carterminals are located and only at the right side (the opposite site of the "normal" Tesla Quays) to load and unload ;-)"

Seems like limited capacity could play a factor here, and explain why the other ships were allowed in and not Grand Mark, likely because it was booked at one of the non-operational quays.

That would explain the unusual quay useage we have seen recently. When does your source expect the GRAND MARK to dock?

Reactions: MGrove
Just turning the opposite way to Rotterdam by the looks of it
6164C95C-1208-4F16-8503-6B61342C7DF2.jpeg

That would explain the unusual quay useage we have seen recently. When does your source expect the GRAND MARK to dock?
He didn't say this time. Last time he did mention that he expected arrival of Glovis Challenge around the time of Olympian Highway's departure, which ended being a good indicator. Seeing as #521 and #525 in the inner port are occupied once again, I'm slightly optimistic that Grand Mark will move in when one of them becomes vacant. In fact, Oceanus Leader at #525 seem to have tugs alongside now

My car is on the Asian King (I am told). When is this expected to dock in the UK? Thanks

We still are not 100% certain that it is coming direct to Southampton (although taking into account the limitations of Zeebrugge that M Grove has posted above - it would make sense to) At the moment I have it pencilled in to EU on 8 Mar.

Reactions: MGrove
There’s a chance my car is on that ship. Though my confidence wasn’t enhanced by the phrase “won’t know till they know what’s on it” lol

There was a time when you would 'have been kept in the loop' regarding your cars progress.
It is one area, especially for a software orientated company, that should be easy to implement again.