Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only problem is that Tesla do not build to order.
they Told me mine was a custom build or words to that effect. They said if I wanted a typical LR model they’re may be on available within the month Imagine the very small numbers of MX sold in the Uk - then include -
  1. It needs to be a performance (a fraction of the small number)
  2. In blue
  3. With a white interior
  4. With five seats
  5. And 22 inch rims
you could wait years for one to happen to be built!

But Tesla knows what orders have been placed, and what cars have been manufactured. Surely it should be easy to allocate cars following completion of build and match to orders then....all the while keeping customers informed? Or am I missing something. Maybe it doesn't matter as demand is so high they can do what they want and still sell ahead of production schedule? Either way, I just hope BROOKLANDS isn't delayed any further!

they Told me mine was a custom build. Imagine the very small numbers of MX sold in the Uk - then include -
  1. It needs to be a performance (a fraction of the small number)
  2. In blue
  3. With a white interior
  4. With five seats
  5. And 22 inch rims
you could wait years for one to happen to be built!
Worth it though I'm sure. Those 22" are to die for, literally had hands on them yesterday, not sure may car needs wheels as big but if you can afford the £5.6k then why not!

But Tesla knows what orders have been placed, and what cars have been manufactured. Surely it should be easy to allocate cars following completion of build and match to orders then....all the while keeping customers informed? Or am I missing something. Maybe it doesn't matter as demand is so high they can do what they want and still sell ahead of production schedule? Either way, I just hope BROOKLANDS isn't delayed any further!
I think for sales as high as the M3 you can just manufacture thousands and thousands and send them knowing that every combination is covered. They’d have to build MX to order - they only sold 700 last jan and feb in the whole of Europe ! And most if those were black

Reactions: ringi and Danb_Cym
The only problem is that Tesla do not build to order.

I just saw a post which implied if you ordered (Or opted) for a white interior then you will be waiting until June as they have discontinued this option) I order a Model 3 performance in Grey with the white interior on 25th Jan with expected March delivery. I see you are very knowledgable - what is your opinion on delivery - much appreciated to hear your views.

I just saw a post which implied if you ordered (Or opted) for a white interior then you will be waiting until June as they have discontinued this option) I order a Model 3 performance in Grey with the white interior on 25th Jan with expected March delivery. I see you are very knowledgable - what is your opinion on delivery - much appreciated to hear your views.
Hi mate, when I ordered mine originally in October the white interior was called pure white. It was discontinued in late October and the new option was titled black and white (with ash or carbon fibre). The lower dash is now black not white as it was in October. That change caused my original order to be canceled as the option i’d ordered was no longer being built. I’m told to expect late March

4-5AM looks like different harbour conditions for GRAND MARK

4D48A03C-8E7C-4ABB-AFFF-577DC439ECC7.jpeg

Unfortunately the website expected delivery date is not dynamically updated on the basis of your specific order and so is rarely correct. The first stage is for you to determine whether you have a VIN allocated. There are number of threads on this forum on how to do this. If you have one, I think you stand a good chance of a March delivery.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Worth it though I'm sure. Those 22" are to die for, literally had hands on them yesterday, not sure may car needs wheels as big but if you can afford the £5.6k then why not!

I’ll probably upset Mr M for posting a non shipping comment in his thread for which I apologise in advance but I hope you realise the adverse impact 22” wheels have on range, however nice they look!

Brilliant thread and very helpful. I live in France and last week I went through the 'humming and hawing' process before finally ordering a Model 3 on Thursday. As I configured and re-configured, the delivery date was showing as March. On Thursday I finally made my mind up and ordered a White exterior/Black interior Long Range which kept the price under 60,000€ so I could benefit from the French 3000€ EV grant - it's also the 'no options' spec for France - not sure about UK. As I pressed the order button, I noticed delivery had suddenly moved out to May so It would appear March shipments are the last ones to Europe for eight weeks?

Brilliant thread and very helpful. I live in France and last week I went through the 'humming and hawing' process before finally ordering a Model 3 on Thursday. As I configured and re-configured, the delivery date was showing as March. On Thursday I finally made my mind up and ordered a White exterior/Black interior Long Range which kept the price under 60,000€ so I could benefit from the French 3000€ EV grant - it's also the 'no options' spec for France - not sure about UK. As I pressed the order button, I noticed delivery had suddenly moved out to May so It would appear March shipments are the last ones to Europe for eight weeks?

I wouldn't have expected any deliveries in April in any case. Tesla would like to build, and get paid for, cars within the same quarter. With a 3 week shipment to EU it effectively means no deliveries in Jan, Apr, Jul & Oct.
There is however a rumour circulating in the UK, from leasing companies, that next quarter there will be a big gap and that there won't be deliveries until June this year. How true that is remains to be seen...

Check inventory on France !
LR white and Red