Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Zeebrugge need to update their webcam technology, this is as good as it gets tonight for GRAND MARK on the KMI Webcam

GM_Zee1.PNG

GM_Zee2.PNG

Let's start at the top.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE - Yes I know about it calling at Southampton but it has no Telsas onboard - they were all unloaded at Zeebrugge.
GRAND MARK - Hallelujah! At last docking at Zeebrugge. It wasn't the weather, it wasn't a ship malfunction, it wasn't crew illness, it was maladministration somewhere and I don't think it was with the shipping company. Anyway, the challenge now is to unload all the LHD cars and load all those cars dumped on the dock by the GLOVIS CHALLENGE and get them to Southampton. That is of course if the GRAND MARK charter has been extended - someone has to pay for all that time holding. We shall see. In any case getting to Southampton by pm 27th will be a challenge.
BROOKLANDS & MORNING CARA - still on track
ASIAN KING - A bit of a late start but is now through the Canal enroute to Zeebrugge. It's ETA of the 7 Mar is ambitious and will likely slip 24 hours.
GLOVIS CAPTAIN - nothing to report
HOEGH OSLO - went to Benicia, as forecasted here, and is now heading off to China.

Let's start at the top.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE - Yes I know about it calling at Southampton but it has no Telsas onboard - they were all unloaded at Zeebrugge.
GRAND MARK - Hallelujah! At last docking at Zeebrugge. It wasn't the weather, it wasn't a ship malfunction, it wasn't crew illness, it was maladministration somewhere and I don't think it was with the shipping company. Anyway, the challenge now is to unload all the LHD cars and load all those cars dumped on the dock by the GLOVIS CHALLENGE and get them to Southampton. That is of course if the GRAND MARK charter has been extended - someone has to pay for all that time holding. We shall see. In any case getting to Southampton by pm 27th will be a challenge.
ASIAN KING - A bit of a late start but is now through the Canal enroute to Zeebrugge. It's ETA of the 7 Mar is ambitious and will likely slip 24 hours.
HOEGH OSLO - went to Benicia, as forecasted here, and is now heading off to China.
Anything on the MORNING CATHERINE? As I’m not matched got my hopes on that!

Let's start at the top.

Glovis Challenge - agree, it doesn't have Teslas onboard. It doesn't make sense that those cars took such a detour
Grand Mark - Agree, odd and no idea what happened. I do think that Oceanus Leader could have taken some of the unloaded RHD cars from Challenge with her to Southampton, as it was moored, at first, on the same side of the inner port in Zeebrugge as Challenge.
Brooklands, Morning Cara and Glovis Captain - Yup, agree.
Asian King - Normal start, not late in my book at all, smooth passage. 11 days for an Atlantic passage seems doable and normal to me. Slippage, I do agree can occur, but tailwinds can too.

• Helpful
Reactions: Good Evans
As some of you may be aware GRAND MARK holds the record for the fastest transit from Pier 80 to Zeebrugge of 20.4 days which it set last year. At one stage it looked as though on this trip it could beat the record but as things turned out, that was not to be. Despite all the holding off Zeebrugge it is still not the slowest transit, the Jasper Arrow holds that record. In another Tesla shipping drama last year it turned round and pulled over into Kingston Jamaica for a couple of days. That unscheduled stop wasn't weather related either.