Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure @MGrove has a subscription to a tracking service from the income he makes charging for Tesla shipping information on Twitter.
I am sure we would all like to see him make a contribution to the forum.
I do pay for satellite information on the Marine Traffic app, when the needs arises.
What kind of contribution are you looking for? Is it my turn (in here) to sign up for a free 7 day subscription to sat info on Marine Traffic?

Post #1899 shows a pretty new position.
Am I to understand, that there's a custom in this thread of taking turns to share location info on the ships?

Not sure its a custom but if you're interested in a particular ship and have to time to set up a trial account for satellite AIS then it seems only friendly to share that information with others as you won't be alone in your interest?
That's what I'm happy to do with Morning Cara, which by the way is back up to 17kn. Of course, not everyone has the time or computer access to do this, and you can only do it once.

Not sure its a custom but if you're interested in a particular ship and have to time to set up a trial account for satellite AIS then it seems only friendly to share that information with others as you won't be alone in your interest?
That's what I'm happy to do with Morning Cara, which by the way is back up to 17kn. Of course, not everyone has the time or computer access to do this, and you can only do it once.
That's noted.
I'll make sure to share any relevant satellite info I obtain.

Brooklands:
Speed: 16.6 knots.
Zeebrugge arrival: Delayed - 3rd March arrival, at earliest w.o. holding at Antwerp Anch.

Attachments

• gZSA6zI6.jpg
    gZSA6zI6.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 49
Brooklands:
Speed: 16.6 knots.
Zeebrugge arrival: Delayed - 3rd March arrival, at earliest w.o. holding at Antwerp Anch.

Thank you. It would be good to get a lat/lon but in this case I can identify the ship anyway.
I reckon it has 481nm to run which at current speed is roughly 29 hrs.

It looks as though it's current course will take it north of the regular shipping lane which may be an indication that it will stop off Brixham to pick up a pilot. That will be at around 07:00 tomorrow morning.

EDIT
Actually closer to 06:00 tomorrow at Brixham

• Informative
Reactions: Danb_Cym and Roy W.
Thank you. It would be good to get a lat/lon but in this case I can identify the ship anyway.

It looks as though it's current course will take it north of the regular shipping lane which may be an indication that it will stop off Brixham to pick up a pilot. That will be at around 07:00 tomorrow morning.

EDIT

Yeah it's easily identifiable as the closest, indicted with green, cargo vessel below "Celtic Sea" on Marine Traffic (non-satellite loc. view) -
Here you go:
48.5166, -008,4814

something discovered on Marine Traffic - if you go to vessel details and then look for "Voyage Timeline" ,you can pick up a latest "noon/midnight" more precise position - click on the co-ordinates then it will show you on the map for that timeframe.

I don't have satellite tracking, but got this

View attachment 516760

EDIT
I am new here, do you have idea when Brooklands will arrive to UK (after Zee) if is that the case?