Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a great thread! I ordered a model S 100D at end of December 2019. Latest update from my leasing company was that the car was on the Maersk Iowa which has either docked or is due to. I've excitedly clicked around tracking sites but cannot confirm. Anyone have any pointers? I'm due to collect from Edinburgh sometime in March!

Reactions: Gatsojon
What a great thread! I ordered a model S 100D at end of December 2019. Latest update from my leasing company was that the car was on the Maersk Iowa which has either docked or is due to. I've excitedly clicked around tracking sites but cannot confirm. Anyone have any pointers? I'm due to collect from Edinburgh sometime in March!
That’s interesting I ordered my MX in December but didn’t get an email from the lease company saying the order was placed with Tesla until jan 10. I got a RN but Tesla don’t have a match for me yet , I hoping in the next week

That’s interesting I ordered my MX in December but didn’t get an email from the lease company saying the order was placed with Tesla until jan 10. I got a RN but Tesla don’t have a match for me yet , I hoping in the next week
The only way I've got the detail is by hounding them for updates, i think they then have a Tesla contact who told them about the ship yesterday. I have an RN also but not sure what I can do with it?!

Model S/X buyers (see Post 815) will be pleased to learn that the MAERSK IOWA has finally left her hidey-hole behind the Cherbourg peninsula and is making its way up the Channel enroute to Antwerp initially before heading to Rotterdam to unload its Tesla cargo.
Better late that never...
Awesome! Thank you! Any idea what the likely timescale is from Rotterdam unloading to customer delivery?

On a more positive note I cannot recall a time previously where we had 3 shiploads en route to the Panama Canal, one of them being the hoooge BROOKLANDS. There will be a flood, in biblical proportions, of Model 3s hitting the streets in the next month.

Brooklands is indeed massive, once we have an unloaded draught figure the estimate of M3 vehicles on board could be a bit of a shock. For example if there is 0.8M of draught change it could be 3.3k vehicles in one shipment.

Mahoosive ship.