Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ordered via lex auto lease November M3 P black with white interior. Stock date advised by Tesla mid March no more info. I was in Solihull today and passed a busy Tesla shop so popped in. Asked one guy who was clueless then another one quickly briefed me but I sense it was to move me on quickly - Reading this excellent forum seems to suggest I’m right. I knew more about the ships than he did but he told me that all the P’s are one the last ship of this quarter and all the ships are delayed because of the storms. I’m in Dubai on holiday end of March and asked him what happens if I get a delivery date but can’t pick the car up. He says I’ll get two week advancer notice of when to pick up and if I’m not here I can arrange for someone else to pick the car up for me. All of this sounds nonsense to me. Thoughts appreciated.
As long as you pay for it in March, I'm sure they can hold on to it.

How long are we talking to offload 1000 cars from CHALLENGE, then load onto ship X?
That very much depends on the Belgian stevedores. Having said that, it's a pretty slick operation in Zeebrugge. There will be pressure from the ship to unload ASAP as it is due to load at Emden on Thursday. Additionally, I am sure Tesla will want that ship released ASAP too.

Vesselfinder

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2020-02-19 om 00.20.26.png
    Schermafbeelding 2020-02-19 om 00.20.26.png
    525.3 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: Mr Miserable
The problem with the GRAND MARK's position is that it can't possibly make it to Zeebrugge for Fri 21 Feb.
Looking at the Zeebrugge port schedule I see that GRAND MARK is now booked in for Sat 22 at 22:00 which is achieveable.
So no new record for GRAND MARK

Surprised that you haven't been warned off for a delivery though if it is on those ships - certainly if it was on the Cosmos.
Narrows it down a bit further I suppose.

Knowing your a Dubai visitor I thought I would share this with you.
Well Mr.M Waiting for a cab on the outskirts of Dubai just like busses TWO Tesla Xs turn up, never been in a Tesla I asked if they were taxis and they confirmed, so a 15 min taxi ride in a Tesla X costs £7.30 two beers and an orange cost £27.80 nothing except taxis are cheap here. Anyway back to ships my baby should be delivered early March too Dartford. Thanks for the forum and your professional input I have enjoyed it for months.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
... so ... Olympian Highway was in port for 22 hours then straight to Southampton, Autopremier seems to do the East coast ports.

in theory if there are 1300-1700 cars for UK the unloading times *might* support up to 850 cars to Southampton and the rest via Autopremier to Grimsby.

I can’t see whether Challenge is now sitting higher in the water so the above is nothing more than a tale of high jinx on the high seas.

However if true it is very smart logistics and possibly a recovery strategy to catch up with Challenge delayed and Grand Mark bearing down on us ? Are they that smart ?