Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had it confirmed my car is on the Morning Cara. Strange I rang Tesla Leeds yesterday and was told he didn't have any information as to which boat my car was on. I rang the main number today and given the exact same spiel as yesterday delivery by end of March. Which is a given as we all know. When pushed if he knew the boat he looked and confirmed on Morning Cara. In which case he said looking at 3rd week of March. Happy days.

Morning Cara getting close to the Channel now. Hope she remains on time for ZEE

Position Received: 2020-03-04 14:19 UTC
3 minutes ago

Vessel's Local Time:
2020-03-04 13:19 LT (UTC -1)

Area: UKC - Celtic Sea

Latitude / Longitude: 48.92822° / -7.750867°

Speed/Course: 15.6 kn / 79 °

AE233CA0-4BF7-4B55-86F4-46B590CB7C55.jpeg

So my MX was unloaded off the Idaho on about 24th Feb, I've not heard anything since.
I called Tesla today and they said all they could see was that it was 'in transit', she then said they come from Tilburg by boat.
Anyone have any idea which boat this might be and when it is expected?
I was told early March as an EDD but have since been told week of 20th.

I haven't been given any date at all yet & am on Asian King - when would you normally expect to get a date?
I wouldn’t be too worried... some people on the Brooklands don’t have a date and the ship is in Southampton!
I’m on the Morning Cara which will be at Zee hopefully tomorrow and except a few exceptions, most of us don’t have confirmed dates...

you should expect a date around Zee/Southampton arrival time approximately

• Informative
Reactions: pacs
Has anybody been told that their Model 3 will arrive at Zeebrugge around 21 Mar???
I would be very keen to get an update and a ship's name would be the icing on the cake!
There is a ship I have my eye on....

Earlier in the week I was told eta Zeebrugge on 24/3, name of ship asked but not known.

Seeing your post above thought I'd give them another call. Twenty minute wait and then quite evasive really. No info on ship, no info on where car actually is, 'best guess it's at Zeebrugge but until logistics update I don't know for sure'.

So, I'm none the wiser and Tesla seem pretty clueless as well. Car is somewhere, no idea where and encouraged not to call back again :rolleyes:

It's fun trying to plan around Tesla, isn't it :p

Earlier in the week I was told eta Zeebrugge on 24/3, name of ship asked but not known.

Seeing your post above thought I'd give them another call. Twenty minute wait and then quite evasive really. No info on ship, no info on where car actually is, 'best guess it's at Zeebrugge but until logistics update I don't know for sure'.

So, I'm none the wiser and Tesla seem pretty clueless as well. Car is somewhere, no idea where.
Did you call your SC or the main Tesla number in the ‘my account section’? The people on the main number most of the time seem to give out the information that the SC won’t!

Just out of interest how long before your collection/delivery date do you get the 'Tesla text'! Have been told by both Tesla and Leaseplan Car was on Grand Mark - So well and truly in the UK - I have been told by both my delivery day is Monday 9th Mar - That's 5 days time! Yet still have no official 'Tesla text' - Any advice appreciated.

Just out of interest how long before your collection/delivery date do you get the 'Tesla text'! Have been told by both Tesla and Leaseplan Car was on Grand Mark - So well and truly in the UK - I have been told by both my delivery day is Monday 9th Mar - That's 5 days time! Yet still have no official 'Tesla text' - Any advice appreciated.
I am buying direct. I was told the car is on Brooklands and I got the text yesterday - with a week's notice to collect from Brent Cross

Reactions: Chris N
Not sure if this has been covered previously, but given we have all become obsessed with shipping, there is a great youtube video "The monster at sea Thermopylae" that tracks this ships journey to Bremerhaven and on to Zee and Southampton. Especially interesting if like me your model 3 is taking that same route into Zee and on to Southampton. Or maybe its just me that is so obsessed :)