Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Summary

5 Mar BROOKLANDS arrive Southampton
5 Mar MORNING CARA arrive Zeebrugge
8 Mar ASIAN KING arrive Zeebrugge (Delayed by weather - further delay possible)
9 Mar MORNING CARA arrive Southampton
15 Mar GLOVIS CAPTAIN arrive Zeebrugge
Wow, Southampton docks will be 90% full with Tesla’s for the next few weeks! I’m sure it’ll be empty by the time Glovis Captain arrives.

I ordered mine through my companies lease (Zenith) on the 22/1, got the confirmation email 4/2. Annoyingly I can't check the hidden VIN or if there is one because of the way I ordered.

I did hear, via twitter, the last ship with S and X's on was the Measrik Montana for this quarter. It's not yet departed by the looks of things so there is still hope, also keep being promised by Zenith that it will be late March.

HI
I've heard from tesla that the cutoff is only for M3. Model X and S will be delivered every month as normal

Reactions: GrumGrum
Having ordered my MX LR on 22 January, have just been advised that delivery to Tilburg is not anticipated until 4 June!! Has anybody heard of experienced this sort of delay? I am praying it's a mistake!

HI
I've heard from tesla that the cutoff is only for M3. Model X and S will be delivered every month as normal

I am hoping you are right @Rdt123 there is no way I can wait until June for the family car, plus I have been told March every step of the way.

@NorthMan FYI sounds like you are in the same boat as me, figuratively of course. The next ship to arrive with S/Xs is the
MAERSK MONTANA That is for this quarter not sure what else will come after for S and Xs. VedaPrime on twitter is the one I asked previously.

I was told that that my MX had been assigned to the Safmarine Mafadi. Having checked the Maersk shipping schedule, the Safmarine Mafadi is due to leave Houston on 3 May and arrive in Antwerp on 17 May. I guess this may fit into the quoted timetable of 4 June in Tilburg.

Still can't understand why my order is taking so long compared to others on this thread.

Shows how long I will have to wait! Safmarine Mafardi needs to complete its current voyage, return to Houston and then sail back to Europe. How depressing is that?
You could have been VIN matched to a car that was on the boat already, as that’s what has happened to a lot of people with model 3s. Tesla don’t make cars to order so you wouldn’t have to wait for it to be built first.

I hope you are right, but the guy at Tesla was pretty insistent that it would be in Tilburg at the beginning of June.

It won't even have been built yet if that was the case. No, I reckon you will have a pleasant surprise towards the end of this month. There was a COVID-19 outbreak in Tilburg last week though - just to be depressing.

• Love
Reactions: Blueskye
I hope you are right, but the guy at Tesla was pretty insistent that it would be in Tilburg at the beginning of June.
If it makes you feel more confident, I was told late May, then in another call late April, and then they told me the boat it was on and said expect delivery in the last week of March.

Moral of the story is, don’t take what Tesla say as gospel. They’re seldom correct! It seems if they don’t know an answer, they’ll give you a date in a few months to get you off their backs for the time being.

Reactions: Blueskye