Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we know when Morning Cara is likely to set sail for Southampton?
The problem is real estate.
BROOKLANDS has dumped thousands of Model 3s on to the dockside parking at Southampton. Car transporters are lining up to take them away, 7 at a time and so it's going to take a little while for enough space to be cleared to allow MORNING CARA in to be emptied.
At the moment she remains scheduled to arrive in Southampton on Monday night (9th). There is no rush for her to depart Zeebrugge (since ASIAN KING is late) but I expect if nothing changes we will probably see her depart on Sunday night for a leisurely passage to Southampton. If deliveries from the dock progress well, she may well be called forward to the dock early.

ASIAN KING continues to plod her way to Zeebrugge at leisurely 14 kts.
She had 676nm left to run at 6am, so about 600nm to go by now.
It does look as though we are looking at an arrival at Zeebrugge late on Sunday night (assuming an increase in speed once she hits the smoother waters of the English Channel) or Monday morning if she continues as is. Of course the deciding factor in all of this will be when Zeebrugge can handle her. She may already have been told not to turn up before MORNING CARA has left.
There is still no confirmation that she will visit Southampton after Zeebrugge, however I expect she will.

Last edited:
An update of GLOVIS CAPTAIN's position would be nice....
Looking at the Atlantic weather I'm not expecting any delays to her passage.
She may choose a bias a little to the east of the normal track line to avoid coming under any influence of the weather due to hit the eastern seaboard of the USA in the coming week but otherwise it's fine.
Like ASIAN KING there is no confirmation yet that she will visit Southampton after Zeebrugge. A week or so ago, it was a definite no because her schedule had her comitted elsewhere. That schedule after Zeebrugge has been taken on by another Glovis vessel and I have yet to find the GLOVIS CAPTAIN's revised schedule. I am going to assume, if only by the number of people on this forum who have been told their car is onboard her, that she will drop off at Southampton after Zeebrugge.

Reactions: Roy W.
The following applies to Model 3 deliveries only.

GLOVIS CAPTAIN is the final vessel of 2020 Q1.
Under normal circumstance, I would not expect the next ship to depart Pier 80 with cars destined for the UK until mid April, meaning a resumption of UK deliveries around mid May.
As I have mentioned here before, the leasing companies have been the source of a strong rumour that there will no Tesla UK deliveries in May whatsoever. I don't know the reason for this, Model Y production possibly, or even if the rumour is true. What is evident however is that there seems to be a much larger quantity of inventory stock being shipped this quarter which may give credence to a planned forthcoming drought.
(I am aware that if you order online now the website says you will get a May delivery, but that delivery estimate is notoriously unreliable.)
For deliveries to recommence in June, I will not be expecting to see a ship at Pier 80 until the beginning of May. This would possibly mean only 5 shipments in Q2. To counter this I would expect them to be performed by the largest ships available and so I will be keeping my eye closely on these type of vessels over the coming weeks. Alternatively, it could herald an introduction of a new faster delivery route, who knows?
Whatever, it will mean that this thread will become exceptionally quiet for the next couple of months.

ZZzzzzzz......

Last edited: