Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot 2020-03-07 at 21.50.52.png
Update for Asian King - Slowed Again...

Last edited:
I suppose its disappointing that the ASIAN KING has decreased her speed since her last position report but when you see the weather around her at the moment I suppose it's entirely reasonable.
Within the next 2 hours or so she should come within range of terrestrial AIS receivers and we'll have a constant update on her (lack of) progress.
With 464nm left to run, at her present speed, she will arrive Monday lunchtime at Zeebrugge, however conditions at sea should improve as she enters the English Channel, and so that ETA may move left to a Monday morning arrival. Still no news on whether to expect her in Southampton.

ASIAN KING is still only doing 13.2kn in what appears to be much better conditions. All I can think is the ship either has a problem or they've missed their slot at Zeeb.

Actually she is going a tiny bit faster than similarly sized vessels - the only ones going faster are the huge container ships - the modern day clippers. No one having seen a car carrier could describe them as clippers!

Reactions: Roy W. and Harv3y
ASIAN KING has updated its AIS arrival time for Zeebrugge to midday tomorrow.
This will easily be achieved and so if that arrival time has been dictated by the port authority then she will enter the anchorage area early tomorrow morning and wait.
Alternatively, she may slow down again to achieve the stated arrival time.

Folks, is the only way to get details of which ship your vehicle might be in is to call Tesla?

last time i called they really didn’t want to give me any info. When the existing inventory appeared on the site (with multiple same spec M3P’s as i’ve ordered) MK store told me to stick with my order as it was the quickest route to get one...but also wouldn’t/couldn’t tell me if it was on a ship?

I got a hidden VIN on 19/2, is there any other data on the source page that may indicate ship / delivery timescale i should look out for?

I just wanna know is it going to be late March / early April...or May/June

many thanks!

Folks, is the only way to get details of which ship your vehicle might be in is to call Tesla?

last time i called they really didn’t want to give me any info. When the existing inventory appeared on the site (with multiple same spec M3P’s as i’ve ordered) MK store told me to stick with my order as it was the quickest route to get one...but also wouldn’t/couldn’t tell me if it was on a ship?

I got a hidden VIN on 19/2, is there any other data on the source page that may indicate ship / delivery timescale i should look out for?

many thanks!
Yes the only way to get the information is to call Tesla. I’d be surprised if you haven’t got it by the end of March!
If you haven’t had a text yet regarding delivery, I’d suggest you keep an eye on the Glovis Captain, that’s the one it’s most likely to be on.

many thanks!

I got my hidden vin on a similar date to you and was told mine is on GLOVIS CAPTAIN.

(M3P Black/Black)

ASIAN KING has updated its AIS arrival time for Zeebrugge to midday tomorrow.
This will easily be achieved and so if that arrival time has been dictated by the port authority then she will enter the anchorage area early tomorrow morning and wait.
Alternatively, she may slow down again to achieve the stated arrival time.
Mr M. - Will Asian King bring the UK cars to Southampton herself or transfer them to another vessel? Thanks