Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I emailed my guy at Tesla (he isn't really my guy, he is just a super helpful senior sales adviser), he told me my car is on a boat queuing to leave Belgium.
I've just had my appointment confirmation to collect at Dartford on 20th.
I guess it must be on the ASIAN KING.
Woo hoo

Reactions: Roy W.
All good things come to those who wait!
Based on not having received a text, the dates those with texts have been given and what they told me a few weeks ago, I’ve readied myself for March 27th, anything earlier is a bonus.

Mine is on the GLOVIS CAPTAIN and I was given a delivery date of 24th March but just rescheduled it to the 27th. Thinking it will be easier for me to pick it up on a Friday rather than a Tuesday afternoon. Plus then I've got the weekend to get to know it before getting stuck into the daily commute.

Mr Miserable, you posted a really useful link a few days back to a “Tesla Carriers” spreadsheet showing the Tesla car transporter sailings across the world from San Francisco. For those of us that might miss out this quarter, can I ask you when the Q2 onwards data is likely to be known/updated?

We have now entered the quiet period for Tesla foreign shipments, there will be no more ships to be loaded until April.
Generally I would expect the period of production at the begiining of April to be solely for export and once 5000-6500 vehicles have been assembled and delivered to Pier 80 our 1st ship of the quarter would depart ~ 2nd week of April. However, this next quarter, Q2, is going to be different, at least for Model 3 buyers.

Tesla have already warned the leasing companies not to expect any deliveries until June. That would imply that we should not expect to see any ships leaving Pier 80 until the very end of April at the earliest and most likely not until May. The reasons for this pause will no doubt become a hot topic, in hopefully a different thread, once it becomes evident to all.
We don't know the extent of the pause in deliveries - Will it only affect the UK market?, only the European market? In the absence of any Tesla statement, we will just have to wait and see. So, if a ship loads in early April and heads off to Zeebrugge, we might have to assume that only the UK market will be afffected and that there will not be any RHD cars in that shipment.
So as I have said earlier, I expect this thread to go quiet for a few weeks.
I shall of course keep monitoring the shipping and as soon as a ship turns up at Pier 80, I will announce it here.

My gut feeling however is that this pause may only affect the UK market.
This is because I suspect that in Q1 we have had more than our fair share of production and Tesla do not want to neglect their other European markets. Additionally, I am monitoring a number of vessels at the moment which are, perhaps coincidentally, going to be well placed in mid-April onwards to do the Pier 80 - Zeebrugge run.
What I can be sure of, is that come the end of May, this thread will become the focus of hundreds of frantic impatient UK Model 3 buyers anxious for a whiff of a delivery in the offing!
The bizarre and freaky joys of hidden VIN discovery and ship tracking will reignite the forum!

The excellent spreadsheet is here. It is meticulously maintained with fact only entries, so in that respect it is more of a historical document, but one that I certainly use all the time. Accordingly I have made a financial contribution to the owner, F Mossotto, and I encourage others to do likewise.

Just called Tesla about my S - had hidden VIN around 23 February. West Drayton unable to see any info so put me through to Bristol who couldn't see which ship but said system shows my car's location as around Zeebrugge.

I presume this means it's on SAFMARINE MAFADI or is it possible it was on ASIAN KING?

Just called Tesla about my S - had hidden VIN around 23 February. West Drayton unable to see any info so put me through to Bristol who couldn't see which ship but said system shows my car's location as around Zeebrugge.

I presume this means it's on SAFMARINE MAFADI or is it possible it was on ASIAN KING?

I don't think he meant it's on the Mafardi. Your car would be unloaded in Rotterdam tomorrow if it's on that ship. I see the significance of your VIN date though...
It would make sense that it's been delivered to Zeebrugge from Tilburg for loading on to the ASIAN KING though.
Having said that sometimes I find it hard to believe anything someone from Tesla says!

So, thankfully I have just had the delivery call, Tesla Direct to my house on Monday. So for those that have their cars confirmed as on MORNING CARA and expecting a lease delivery direct, the calls are happening! Very excited, its going to be a long weekend but at least I can give my BMW 330e a good valet ready for it to be sent back.

Reactions: Blueskye
I don't think he meant it's on the Mafardi. Your car would be unloaded in Rotterdam tomorrow if it's on that ship. I see the significance of your VIN date though...
It would make sense that it's been delivered to Zeebrugge from Tilburg for loading on to the ASIAN KING though.
Having said that sometimes I find it hard to believe anything someone from Tesla says!
Ah, no, I was wondering if it's been unloaded from the ASIAN KING ready to go to Tilburg. I don't think there's been enough time from my VIN date for it to be shipped over, moved to Tilburg, assembled and moved back to the port. Or has there?

Ah, no, I was wondering if it's been unloaded from the ASIAN KING ready to go to Tilburg. I don't think there's been enough time from my VIN date for it to be shipped over, moved to Tilburg, assembled and moved back to the port. Or has there?

No Model S/X are transported to EU from Pier 80. So it would never have been on the ASIAN KING.
if you speak to your Tesla contact again, ask him to look for a shipping code like 008E on his screen. That nails the ship for me.

Reactions: DrBobM
After getting very impatient awaiting news of my delivery I called Tesla this morning to see if there are any updates or if I need to hurry Lex up with anything. I was told that my delivery date is on Friday at 10am. Although this is great news I never received a text or were Lex informed (so they say). Has anyone else heard of this happening?

After getting very impatient awaiting news of my delivery I called Tesla this morning to see if there are any updates or if I need to hurry Lex up with anything. I was told that my delivery date is on Friday at 10am. Although this is great news I never received a text or were Lex informed (so they say). Has anyone else heard of this happening?
I’d expect that the lease company were informed or haven’t checked their emails from them. Either that or it got lost in a spreadsheet somewhere!

• Love
Reactions: HIWEX
Guys/Girls

I ordered a Model X LR back in October, initial delivery date early January.
It is still not here. I keep having to chase Tesla myself and getting nowhere (different responses, noone knows whats going on).
Then it was firmed up for 20th March. However I've just spoken to Tesla and now its looking like 1st April delivery as its held up in Zeebrugge for ''possible a battery upgrade''. I don't believe that is the case this side of battery investor day.

Does anyone know why it would be delayed for SUCH a long time.
If it doesn't arrive by the end of March I will be forced to cancel and I really don't want to do that.
Any information would be great.

Thank you

Mine is on the GLOVIS CAPTAIN and I was given a delivery date of 24th March but just rescheduled it to the 27th. Thinking it will be easier for me to pick it up on a Friday rather than a Tuesday afternoon. Plus then I've got the weekend to get to know it before getting stuck into the daily commute.
Also been told mine is on GLOVIS CAPTAIN but havent had any delivery date yet. Did you chase them to get this or did the magical text just come through?? Thanks