Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chatting with Tesla, learns that there is a M3LR coupled to my order, with VIN and RN number.
The guy told me that the car is now in Sanfransico Dock, to be loaded any moment, to be delivered end of June.
Another prove that a shipment for Europe is coming

Last edited:
Can I ask you, did you have your RN number before you contacted Tesla?
I didn't but please note that I have a lease company in between, as they're simply waiting for my car to arrive and therefore don't inform me, I started to do some research in the web... maybe my leascompany had the RN number... I just asked the guy on the tesla chat, to look for a white M3LR, and told him the name of the lease company, it took him only seconds to find out the RN and VIN number of me

Hi All

I called up Tesla and they have assigned my VIN. It isn't appeared on the portal yet but if you didn't know you can locate it on the page by looking at the source code. I found mine, and says the ship is about to dock or has done in San Fran. I wondered how I can locate which ship it is on the live google doc you have Mr Miserable or is there a live site I can track the ship on? I see there are two - Grand Venus and Glovis Composer? Is there a way to find out with a VIN number?

Many Thanks in advance.

Hi All

I called up Tesla and they have assigned my VIN. It isn't appeared on the portal yet but if you didn't know you can locate it on the page by looking at the source code. I found mine, and says the ship is about to dock or has done in San Fran. I wondered how I can locate which ship it is on the live google doc you have Mr Miserable or is there a live site I can track the ship on? I see there are two - Grand Venus and Glovis Composer? Is there a way to find out with a VIN number?

Many Thanks in advance.
GLOVIS COMPOSER is heading to South Korea and Taiwan.
GRAND VENUS is heading to Europe.
So, you can track the one depending where you live. I suggest to use Marinetrafffic.com

Last edited:
Hi All

Many Thanks in advance.
We still don't know whether the GRAND VENUS is coming to Europe but we will find out for sure around lunchtime tomorrow.
Don't bother taking out a trial on marinetraffic.com yet - wait until the ship is in the Atlantic out of range of the land based receivers ( around 8 June).
I am unaware of any source code that reveals what ship your car is on.
VINS can change too BTW. Mine did.

Reactions: raphabarreiros
We still don't know whether the GRAND VENUS is coming to Europe but we will find out for sure around lunchtime tomorrow.
Don't bother taking out a trial on marinetraffic.com yet - wait until the ship is in the Atlantic out of range of the land based receivers ( around 8 June).
I am unaware of any source code that reveals what ship your car is on.
VINS can change too BTW. Mine did.

Thanks Mr Miserable. Ah yes, if you go to 'manage' on your Tesla account portal then right click and go to 'source' it is hidden and you can search for the car VIN.

Also I spoke to Tesla at the end of today and they said that the ship with the car on with my VIN was turning up at San Fran or was there now which would make sense that it is the one you refer too..... also he then stated it then has to go to Belgium first with the LHD then onto Southampton with the RHD vehicles.... guess this makes sense (put in diary for June 8th check :)

Many Thanks.

Grand Venus is on the way south now!

grand.PNG

With the exciting news of a EU bound ship I've called Tesla this morning, still no VIN match for me, although the representative did say they expect a ship in June, with possible deliveries into July which might include my order.

Whether this means no UK VINS have been matched to this ship I don't know..be good to hear from others in UK as/when they get matched to Grand Venus

With the exciting news of a EU bound ship I've called Tesla this morning, still no VIN match for me, although the representative did say they expect a ship in June, with possible deliveries into July which might include my order.

Whether this means no UK VINS have been matched to this ship I don't know..be good to hear from others in UK as/when they get matched to Grand Venus

I don't think VENUS can bring you a car, JupiterMan. LOL

Kidding, hope you got matched real soon