Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Mr M - I am out of the loop a bit here, if tentatively I have a chance of delivery by end July without knowing a VIN yet - does this align to a ship into Zeebrugge early/mid July ? Forgive me if I’ve missed some obvious info. Thanks !

Hey Mr M - I am out of the loop a bit here, if tentatively I have a chance of delivery by end July without knowing a VIN yet - does this align to a ship into Zeebrugge early/mid July ? Forgive me if I’ve missed some obvious info. Thanks !

Given you can still order an LR today with a June delivery date, I'd expect your car should be on the Grand Venus as we speak, expected into Zebrugge approx 26 June and Southampton shortly after that. Have you checked for a hidden VIN on your order page?

I would not expect a shipment to arrive in UK until the very end of July, at the earliest, and it would more likely be early August.

What ship would you expect MX to be traveling on toward Europe? I have A MX on order since mid April and I'm just wonder what to look for. I did see the hidden VIN a few days ago, but no estimated date of delivery. Thanks for all of the help Mr. M.

OK So Model S/X are shipped to Europe via a different and tortuous route.
Once the cars are produced in Fremont they are broken down to fit into a container along with 2 others.
The containers then travel by road to the Oakland Intermodel Terminal where the containers are loaded on to a train for a 9/10 day journey to Houston Pearland. From there it is a short road trip to Barbers Cut where they wait for the next Maersk ship to Rotterdam (depart every Sunday).
It's a 16 day journey on the ship (it's not a direct service).
From Rotterdam the containers can go by barge or road to Tilburg where the cars are reassembled.
They emerge about 7 - 10 days after arrival ready for distribution across Europe.

As far as the ships involved are concerned (my bit) the weekly schedule has 4 ships:

MAERSK IDAHO
SAFMARINE MAFARDI
MAERSK MONTANA
MAERSK IOWA

On the basis of the foregoing I reckon the first ship likely to have Teslas on board will be the MAERSK MONTANA leaving Houston on 14 June.

The guru of Model S/X logistics however is Veda Prime on Twitter.

Reactions: Fred42 and MGrove
Hei Mr M.

Do you have any idea when a ship will arrive in Norway? As i understand it, a ship will arrive Zeebrugge in mid-june.

The GRAND VENUS will arrive in Zeebrugge around 18 June. Cars destined for Norway will be cross loaded on to vessel that will unload them in Drammen. Drammen may not be the 1st stop after Zeebrugge.
So end of June would be my guess.

I just got below from Tesla UK after enquiring about my Model 3 LR that I ordered mid April :-

I hope you are well.

As your order currently stands you are expecting August delivery with your custom order. This is due to the factory re-opening of last week.

I see you are expecting June delivery, which is possible if you were to match an inventory car. This would ensure delivery in the next 2-3 weeks.

Please refer to our 'New Inventory' list that you can find here, and let us know if there are any you'd like to proceed with:’

Not pleased but not a lot I can do about it.

Mr Miserable, would you think August deliver is achievable? (M3LR in White with 19inch wheels, towbar, white interior)

I spoke to Tesla this afternoon and asked them to help track my order M3 LR (I am ordering via my company car scheme so can't log in yet to the portal as I understand). The person I spoke to tried to 'wake the car' to track it via GPS but was unable to and suggested it was out of range, possibly on a ship but wouldn't confirm. Has anyone else heard of this issue?

I spoke to Tesla this afternoon and asked them to help track my order M3 LR (I am ordering via my company car scheme so can't log in yet to the portal as I understand). The person I spoke to tried to 'wake the car' to track it via GPS but was unable to and suggested it was out of range, possibly on a ship but wouldn't confirm. Has anyone else heard of this issue?

Not heard of this but yeah, seems like it will be on the ship Grand Venus and out of range to me...

I just got below from Tesla UK after enquiring about my Model 3 LR that I ordered mid April :-

I hope you are well.

As your order currently stands you are expecting August delivery with your custom order. This is due to the factory re-opening of last week.

I see you are expecting June delivery, which is possible if you were to match an inventory car. This would ensure delivery in the next 2-3 weeks.

Please refer to our 'New Inventory' list that you can find here, and let us know if there are any you'd like to proceed with:’

Not pleased but not a lot I can do about it.

Mr Miserable, would you think August deliver is achievable? (M3LR in White with 19inch wheels, towbar, white interior)

Tesla don't build to order. They build what they want and then match against orders.
All I can say is that there are still a lot of cars at the docks in Southampton that have not been released to inventory (dunno why)

I'm getting mixed messages regarding ASIAN GLORY.
One source tells me that sailing is delayed until midday local tomorrow whilst another insists she will depart tonight.

We shall see...

(Annoyingly, neither can tell me her destination!)

UPDATE:
The delay is confirmed. Departure is now midday tomorrow .

Last edited:
Reactions: Roy W.