Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just had confirmation from Tesla via email and text that my Tesla will be ready to pick up on Friday 26th June here in the UK. :-D
Could it be that the GV is only coming to the UK? Tesla have reduced prices in the US to stimulate sales, could be they are hoping to increase sales in Q3 with a similar tactic and are shipping a load over here for quicker delivery? It’s not showing up on the Zeebrugge shipping arrivals which runs through to August (although may appear later)

Could it be that the GV is only coming to the UK? Tesla have reduced prices in the US to stimulate sales, could be they are hoping to increase sales in Q3 with a similar tactic and are shipping a load over here for quicker delivery? It’s not showing up on the Zeebrugge shipping arrivals which runs through to August (although may appear later)

Very few of the Tesla ships appear on the Zeebrugge schedule and when they do it's always after they have negociated the Panama Canal. So the fact that GRAND VENUS does not feature on the Zeebrugge schedule is not significant.

Southampton docks are still awash with Teslas although they are slowly clearing them. I cannot see the UK market suddenly being able to accept another 4500 Teslas delivered by the end of the month. Just looking at this thread you can see there are many in the EU eagerly anticipating this shipment.

...just sorting out insurance as only 23 days away and they say best time to look for insurance for best price is around 21 days prior to policy start date.

I've got my delivery scheduled for the 27th. :) All our cars must be on the GV, which is cruising about 400 miles West of Managua.
How can you arrange the insurance without knowing your number plate? I found Direct Line the cheapest. It's the company Tesla recommends.

More like 100nm west. 400nm west would put it on course for Equador.

Anyway, it's making good progress to arrive at the canal entrance on 5 June.

Yep, it's making good progress. :) It's quite far off to the West.
upload_2020-6-3_16-40-1.png

I've got my delivery scheduled for the 27th. :) All our cars must be on the GV, which is cruising about 400 miles West of Managua.
How can you arrange the insurance without knowing your number plate? I found Direct Line the cheapest. It's the company Tesla recommends.

On price comparison sites you don't need the registration number, you just put in the car details. Can I ask what you got quoted on Direct Line?

On price comparison sites you don't need the registration number, you just put in the car details. Can I ask what you got quoted on Direct Line?

Thanks all for your reply on the insurance.

Sure, my quote was 1045pa with 4 years No Claims Discount. I have more than that but can only provide evidence for 4. They clearly state that in case of a claim I could be requested to provide evidence for all the NCD years. Not sure how that works, but most likely I'd need to go back to my previous insurers and ask for evidence. (?) No clue...
I got quotes over 5k! :D

Thanks again, I'll go and do some more research on insurance.