Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just learnt a little titbit that the San Francisco Chronicle may be incorrect.
It seems that that when the GLOVIS SUN leaves Benicia it will hang around for a bit, like until the end of the month, before moving across to Pier 80 to load!
This ties in with another source who said the GLOVIS SUN would not be leaving the Bay Area straight away.
We shall see later tonight when the GLOVIS SUN is due to leave Benicia....

Having said that GLOVIS SUN will become the first ship of Q3, I note it is stating on its AIS an arrival time at Pier 80 of 10 July. I was a little surprised by this and expected a slightly earlier date. As a result she may not turn out to be the first ship of Q3. We shall see.......

Grand Venus has entered Costa Rican waters, looks like it'll arrive at the canal entrance late on 5th or early 6th June.

Any news on this ship heading to UAE? I hear there will be a delivery mid-July in that region so i'm expecting this vessel to head that way after Zeebrugge

Thanks all for your reply on the insurance.

Sure, my quote was 1045pa with 4 years No Claims Discount. I have more than that but can only provide evidence for 4. They clearly state that in case of a claim I could be requested to provide evidence for all the NCD years. Not sure how that works, but most likely I'd need to go back to my previous insurers and ask for evidence. (?) No clue...
I got quotes over 5k! :D

Thanks again, I'll go and do some more research on insurance.

Aha wow, I did a price comparison site and got on money supermarket from admiral quote for £629 pa with 3 years no claims. With Direct Line was £710 pa.

Many Thanks

Aha wow, I did a price comparison site and got on money supermarket from admiral quote for £629 pa with 3 years no claims. With Direct Line was £710 pa.

Many Thanks

Hm, that's very interesting. I wonder why my quote is so high... The only thing I can think about is the car price. I used the full price of the car I'll actually end up paying (Long Range, Red paint, Sport wheels, FSD, Tow hitch and the acceleration upgrade). The total price of all these is just bellow 60k. Could that be it? If not, what do you think the most price sensitive factors are?

Cheers!

Grand Venus has entered Costa Rican waters, looks like it'll arrive at the canal entrance late on 5th or early 6th June.

Any news on this ship heading to UAE? I hear there will be a delivery mid-July in that region so i'm expecting this vessel to head that way after Zeebrugge

The GRAND VENUS will arrive at the entrance late tomorrow 5 June.
I haven't looked at Dubai - you could be right, the timing is good for this ship and there aren't any others I'm aware of.
Let's hope they don't get damaged by hail like the last big shipment did prior to delivery in Dubai.

Hm, that's very interesting. I wonder why my quote is so high... The only thing I can think about is the car price. I used the full price of the car I'll actually end up paying (Long Range, Red paint, Sport wheels, FSD, Tow hitch and the acceleration upgrade). The total price of all these is just bellow 60k. Could that be it? If not, what do you think the most price sensitive factors are?

Cheers!
Try LV.com

(although this is a shipping thread!)