Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RCC Asia is in the Miraflores Lock

hd-miraflores.jpg

Reactions: Mr Miserable
GLOVIS CAPTAIN for me too, it seems, although the recent Tesla Reps I've spoken to deny being able to tell me what ship my car is on.
I found this generally depends on who you speak to. Some reps are reluctant to tell you, some would divulge without even requesting it. I find no logic in the way Tesla handles things. The best bet is to keep an eye on here for the potential ships, their much-anticipated updates and feedback from other users (which I'm sure you're already doing) :)

Question: According to MarineTraffic Maersk Ohio (my Model S is supposed to be on that ship) left Northfolk on the 14th, 5 days ago, and is supposed to arrive in Antwerp(??) on the 23rd. But it is still just off the coast. How the hell is it crossing the Atlantic in just 4 days?

Question: According to MarineTraffic Maersk Ohio (my Model S is supposed to be on that ship) left Northfolk on the 14th, 5 days ago, and is supposed to arrive in Antwerp(??) on the 23rd. But it is still just off the coast. How the hell is it crossing the Atlantic in just 4 days?

Now I see that the position was last updated on the 14th as well. I suppose this has to do with the reach of the AIS?

This is the peak of the hurricane season and today’s report is dominated by the possible effects of tropical storms and hurricanes on the delivery of your Tesla.

GLOVIS CAPTAIN Her midday position is shown on the chart below. She is bang on track and remains on schedule to arrive in Zeebrugge at 06:00 on Friday morning. She is just ahead of the worst of the weather associated with the remnants of former Tropical Storm Kyle (the Irish Met office have re-christened it Storm Ellen) however she can't afford any delay. If she requires to call at Brixham to collect a European pilot she needs to keep her speed up or else the strong winds will make a transfer too hazardous. If she gets her pilot onboard, again she will not want to delay her Zeebrugge arrival and will want if anything to arrive early before really strong winds arrive. She will depart Zeebrugge on Sunday evening and arrive at Southampton early on the 24 Aug.

GLOVIS CAPTAIN Atlantic Progress Aug 20.png

RCC ASIA She is currently transiting the Panama Canal. As she exits the canal into the Caribbean there are two areas of meteorological concern, INVEST 97L and INVEST 98L that will affect her subsequent routing. 97L is already in the Caribbean moving westward quickly and a decision will have to be made to either brave the weather tomorrow and head for the Windward Passage or route behind the centre of the storm and head for the Mona Passage. Neither route will completely avoid the weather. Routing behind runs the risk of falling foul of the bigger threat of 98L as RCC ASIA enters the Atlantic. The decision will need to be made shortly after exiting the canal based on the very latest met information. I expect her to arrive Zeebrugge on 31 Aug

GLOVIS SIGMA will depart Pier 80 on Thursday evening. Her destination has yet to be confirmed but I have evidence to suggest that she is coming to EU. I expect her to arrive Zeebrugge around 10 or 11 Sep depending on when her Panama Canal transit takes place. Her biggest problem is Hurricane Genevieve which is tracking up the Pacific coast of Mexico at the moment directly between GLOVIS SIGMA and the Panama Canal. GLOVIS SIGMA will be hoping that the hurricane decays and tracks further out to sea rather than continuing to hug the coast. This weather system has real potential to delay the ship and I will be keeping a close eye on this one.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE will leave her anchorage in the Bay early on Friday morning and will move alongside Pier 80 to commence loading. I believe she is bound for the Far East.

GLOVIS CLIPPPER due to load at Pier 80 on 24 Aug I expect be destined to the Far East

GLOVIS SUNLIGHT due to load at Pier 80 on 29 Aug I expect be destined to the Far East

The next and final ship to EU for Q3 will be K.ASIAN BEAUTY.
Timings will be very tight for her because she is not due to commence loading at Pier 80 until 4 Sep but I expect her to arrive in Zeebrugge around 27 Sep. Remember that Tesla will want all cars to have been delivered by the end of 30 Sep. She is not a large ship, in fact she is smaller than GLOVIS CAPTAIN and RCC ASIA and so I expect a fast load and unload. Having said all that, K. ASIAN BEAUTY is presently in the Gulf of Mexico and is at threat from the same storm, INVEST 97L, that RCC ASIA will encounter tomorrow, except by the time it reaches the Gulf it may have deepened further and become a named tropical storm. One to watch.

Once clear of the locks and Colon the RCC ASIA will enter a traffic separation scheme - a one-way corridor for about 25 miles. Then it is decision time - straight on to the Windward Passage or a right turn to the Mona Passage. Sadly we will lose terrestrial AIS coverage just before the decision point. Before then I'm hoping she will update her AIS with a destination and ETA.

Screenshot 2020-08-19 at 14.30.47.png

Caribbean.png