Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes that one too, I’m not sure how often folks chancing across this thread tend to explore the options available on these sites ...

Worth noting also that VesselFinder and MyShipTracking seem to be far slower in picking up the latest AIS hits, for example VesselFinder was still showing GLOVIS CAPTAIN as off the coast of Mexico until last night. So you have to cycle round the various sites to stay afloat, so to speak.

As GLOVIS SIGMA prepares to depart Pier 80 she has updated her AIS to show that, as forecasted here, she is heading to Panama with an ETA of 31 Aug. This is a much slower voyage than normal and will have taken into account the bad weather enroute. As a consequence I estimate her ETA Zeebrugge will now be 13 Sep

Lots of vehicle carriers in the Zeebrugge harbor now. Looks like cars will be spread around Europe quickly.
Even two carriers close to Glovis Captain, guess they are just driving the cars between the ships.
Would be fun to have access to harbor webcams. :)
I assume there isn't just Teslas being transported through Zeebrugge.

Attachments

• Zeebrugge21082020.png
    Zeebrugge21082020.png
    195.4 KB · Views: 62
Lots of vehicle carriers in the Zeebrugge harbor now. Looks like cars will be spread around Europe quickly.
Even two carriers close to Glovis Captain, guess they are just driving the cars between the ships.
Would be fun to have access to harbor webcams. :)
I assume there isn't just Teslas being transported through Zeebrugge.

It doesn't quite work like that sadly - Zeebrugge has grown too big for efficient trans-shipment.
Take a look at a satellite photo of the docks and have a go at counting the cars.

GLOVIS CAPTAIN is presently unloading in Zeebrugge. I then expect her to load the RHD cars that GRAND DAHLIA left on the dock as well as Model S & X fresh from reassembly in Tilburg. She will now depart Zeebrugge on Saturday night and will arrive in Southampton on Sunday afternoon.

RCC ASIA Is currently negotiating the Windward Passage and later today she will enter the Atlantic via the Caicos Passage.

GLOVIS SIGMA She delayed her departure on her 8000nm journey to Zeebrugge because of Hurricane Genevieve and left Pier 80 a couple of hours ago enroute to the Panama Canal. Her ETA there of 31 Aug is not ambitious. As a consequence I have revised my estimate for her arrival into Zeebrugge to 13 Sep. Hurricane Genevieve after battering the coast of Baja California has now been downgraded to a Tropical Storm. The storm remains in the path of GLOVIS SIGMA but it continues to weaken.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE She has already moved alongside Pier 80 and is ready for loading. It will only take a few hours and she will depart later today. No destination has yet been announced although I expect it to be China.

GLOVIS CLIPPER is currently enroute to Pier 80 and will arrive early on Monday morning. The big news is that I strongly believe she is coming to Europe and so I have pencilled her in to arrive at Zeebrugge around 17 Sep.

GLOVIS SUNLIGHT She is due to start loading at Pier 80 on 29 Aug and at the moment I expect her to head to the Far East. Having said that, I have seen evidence to suggest that she will be in Europe in late October but with all the schedule changes recently I can’t be sure that it isn’t a remnant from a previous schedule. She is on the agenda of this weeks regular Friday evening ‘ships n sips’ where a bottle of claret lubricates the searching of just under a hundred websites. Oh my, what fun!

K.ASIAN BEAUTY I am pretty certain she is coming to Europe and my rough estimate for her arrival into Zeebrugge is 27 Sep, although hopefully, if she commits to a fast transit, that date could come left a day or two. At the moment though she is in the Gulf of Mexico which isn’t the best place to be at the moment. Her departure from the Gulf will now be complicated by Tropical Depression 14 which is heading her way and forecast to develop into a hurricane by Monday. (The US is facing the possibility of being hit by 2 major storms at the same time next week, 1 in Florida and 1 in the Gulf.) She needs to be at the Panama Canal by Wednesday to get up to San Francisco on schedule, and so she hasn’t got any time to lose due to weather. If it were up to me, I would be looking for another ship to replace K. ASIAN BEAUTY.

Not sure anyone did, I assumed! I have now read your previous comment though and assume Antwerp is some sort of staging post for refuelling, queueing to get into Rotterdam or something?
No it's a scheduled container ship service. It runs like a regular bus service. Antwerp is just one of its regular stops. The previous stop was Norfolk, next stop Rotterdam.