Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Makes complete sense.

I can't help but notice your last sentence... Not sure I've seen you write that before for previous ships... I've also get a vested interest as I'm pretty sure my car is on there (collecting from Chertsey on 5th Dec)... May the UK vehicles be moved on to another ship in Zeebrugge to come to the UK, or is it because all bets are off until it's confirmed from one of your many sources?

Be a bit odd if it didn't, since my car is on there!

I've just heard from another US source that GLOVIS CAPTAIN will not now be coming to Europe.
Can't say too much except she isn't finished with completely and Tesla have another job for her and so she will hang around for a while.
I don't know yet what is happening to GLOVIS SUN.
I suspect we may need to keep an eye on the east coast ports in the coming weeks.
Sadly I no longer have the Milpitas train spotter monitoring the rail movements to call on...
It would be useful to know whether cars are being transported out of the docks.

If you have a delivery date before 8 Dec then I am wrong to suggest the possibility of GRAND AURORA not coming to Southampton. Anyone?
I have a delivery on 9th December in Cheshire and car has been confirmed as on Grand Aurora. I would hope that it is coming to Southampton as I don't think it will be that date if on Glovis Crystal from Zeebrugge.

Reactions: StevehConwy
Although I have yet to receive confirmation from a second source, I'm pretty confident that what I was told early this morning is true and that is reflected by GLOVIS CAPTAIN now heading to Benicia and the update to GLOVIS SUN's AIS.
So the plan is that GLOVIS SUN will dock at Pier 80 this evening (local time).
Meanwhile GLOVIS CAPTAIN will unload at Benicia today and this evening will move to an anchorage and wait for GLOVIS SUN to depart.
GLOVIS SUN is not expected to depart until lunchtime Tuesday.
What I can't be told is the ship's destination and so I don't know whether the switch (GLOVIS SUN to Europe vice GLOVIS CAPTAIN) has occurred. The GLOVIS SUN will not dock straight away as Pier 80 is not ready to receive her which possibly suggests that some reorganisation needs to be done before the ship arrives.
We won't know anymore until GLOVIS SUN posts her destination into her AIS and transmits it to the world just before she departs on Tuesday.

• Informative
Reactions: Mr. Impatient
2020-11-21_11-44.png

Confirmed Grand Aurora, as others have said.

Last edited:
TRITON ACE is continuing to unload in Zeebrugge.
There has been no major change to her Southampton schedule from what I outlined yesterday and so she will start unloading her Tesla cargo there on Monday evening.

GRAND AURORA At midday her position was N42.3 W33.4 about 200nm NW of Flores in the Azores.
I am confident to say that her ETA in Zeebrugge will now be the morning of Wed 25 Nov.
This is not a weather related delay but probably an operational one imposed by Zeebrugge.
She should arrive in Southampton by 28 Nov however late 27 Nov is possible.

Grand Aurora Atlantic Progress.png

TOSCANA No update has been received from her and so I have estimated her position on the chart below.
We should see her tomorrow as she approaches the Straits of Gibraltar.
She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 27 Nov

Toscana Med.png

GLOVIS CRYSTAL At midday she was about 30 miles off the west coast of Costa Rica maintaining 15kts
She is on schedule to arrive off Balboa tomorrow evening and I expect her to transit the Panama Canal on Monday.
I estimate she will arrive in Zeebrugge on 5 Dec and Southampton a couple of days later.

The free GLOVIS CRYSTAL competition is still open. Enter HERE

Glov Crystal Pacific.png

TANNHAUSER is continuing down the Gulf of Aden at 16kts.
The weather continues to be fine.
She will arrive at Suez on 25 Nov and Zeebrugge on 6 Dec.

Tannhauser to Suez.png

RCC AMSTERDAM continues enroute to Balboa with an ETA of 26 Nov.
She is making 16.4kts and is about 45nm SW of Cabo San Lucas
She has no immediate weather concerns although a small course correction of 5 degrees now would keep her well clear of the pesky Tehuantepecer wind she may encounter on Monday afternoon. At the moment the wind is forecast to blow until Wednesday.
I expect her in Zeebrugge around 9 Dec and Southampton on 12 Dec

Enter the RCC AMSTERDAM competition now.

Amst Pacif.png

GLOVIS SUN will dock at Pier 80 later today and depart on Tuesday. Destination to be determined.

GLOVIS CAPTAIN will load at Pier 80 once it becomes free. Destination to be determined.